VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
13,061 Posts
Re: external wastegate!!!!! help me out (turbo1point8GTI)

edit: ^Stop the madness!^ LOL at the "WOO WOO WOO" pic posted by Alec and promptly sh**canned by the mods...go to the Car Lounge and look for "ghetto" in the thread title for a good laugh!

A custom made 321 (or better) stainless WG exhaust pipe that ties back into the main exhaust behind the cat. Too much back pressure ahead of the cat for an external WG exhaust pipe.
...or ditch the cat and have a short pipe run for the WG. Use a Tial WG. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by Electron Man, 3:42 PM 1-24-2003]

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Re: external wastegate!!!!! help me out (turbo1point8GTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]what pipes do i need to do an external wastegate??? any help or info on doin an external in a 18t gti would be gretaly appreciated[HR][/HR]​
the wastegate is integrated into the turbo, so its not on the manifold. basically you'll have to find a manifold for the 1.8T that has an external wastegate and get a new turbo too. not to mention the wastegate as well. what do you want the Ext WG for?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Re: external wastegate!!!!! help me out (JediCorrado)

quote:[HR][/HR]what pipes do i need to do an external wastegate??? any help or info on doin an external in a 18t gti would be gretaly appreciated
the wastegate is integrated into the turbo, so its not on the manifold. basically you'll have to find a manifold for the 1.8T that has an external wastegate and get a new turbo too. not to mention the wastegate as well. what do you want the Ext WG for?[HR][/HR]​
good question...I thought you were getting a different turbo...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.