VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Looking a car kinda far away and he said factory installed electric sunroof, never seen one before, was it really an option?

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
maybe a dealer option, but thats not factory.
-j

·
Registered
2013 Golf R, 2013 X5 35D, 1997 E320
21,186 Posts
Those are dealer installed. A friend of mine has one in his 91 gli.

·
Registered
56,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Factory installed Electric sunroof in 91 Jetta? (vwsnaps)

Corrado g60 suspension will work on late A2?
I am parting out a G60 corrado and it has H&R / koni set up. And huge frickin brakes!

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Re: (vwsnaps)

Quote, originally posted by vwsnaps »
sweet, i am picking up the car friday.. its a jetta coupe.. 91.

I thought I just read a thread the other day where you said you had to thin out your VW herd!?
It's a cancer....
That dealer installed electric sunroof is cool, I never knew that was an option, but you learn something new every day.
As for the G60 front suspension, it is a direct bolt on. Be sure to throw the stuff on. Those 11" front brakes are nice, trust me. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
56,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: ('88Jetta16v)

Quote, originally posted by ’88Jetta16v »

I thought I just read a thread the other day where you said you had to thin out your VW herd!?
It's a cancer....

Thinnin out the herd of crappy cars. I have too many $500 cars, i cant pass on them when i see them on craigslist or ebay.. the scirocco i have is nice but i hate scirocco's.
Actually my corrado has some vr6 front brakes on there, drilled 4 lug or something, ill find out tomorrow when i rip it apart.
I also have eyes on 88 GLi w/ trophys...
This white coupe will match my A1 jetta Coupe.

·
Registered
8,195 Posts

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I see what you're saying.
I remember now, you're selling that black '87 16v Scirocco. That's a car I'd love to have, it's a shame to have to strip it.
What color is is the '88 GLI w/ Trophys? Just like the brakes, I have experience with them too.

Does it still have the red stripe small bumpers?

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
you can swap suspension directly from a corrado to any mk2
-j

·
Registered
56,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (Muffler Bearing)

My name is Cory and i am a CAR WHORE
The scirocco got fixxed and is for sale running / driving right now.. Someone coming to look at it tomorrow

·
Registered
8,195 Posts

Now I am jealous, that silver/gray color (I should know the name...) with small red stripe bumpers is my favorite combination on Mk2 GLI's. With big doors, this combination was only available in '88. Sell me that car! Did you find that on craigslist or ebay?

·
Registered
56,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

neither, a kinda local guy.
I has a bigger HERD that i do.

I want both cars but i think the coupe im going to snach up first cuz they are getting hard to find, then ill get the 88 Gli. more teaser pics..

·
Registered
8,195 Posts

Wow, that car looks to be in nice condition. Sure you don't want to send over here to PA?

·
Registered
56,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

$$$$$$$$$

Has bad tranny...

Im not sure which car i want to install my 2.1 Supercharged motor into. The Coupe or the Sedan...

·
Registered
8,195 Posts

Quote, originally posted by vwsnaps »
$$$$$$$$$

No doubt.
Can't help you with the motor decision though. However, that motor is cool enough to make either car unique. I love 16v's but I dare say I'd rip one out to throw that 2.1 in. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts