VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just requesting a picture of the factory beam pattern on the OEM HIDs on the GLI's or GTI's. I'm considering purchasing a set for my TDI but I just want to be sure the beam pattern is a clean one. If anyone has a pic of the beam pattern shooting up against a wall or garage door that would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: Factory Xenon owners please help (ezlyf)

Quote, originally posted by ezlyf »
I'm just requesting a picture of the factory beam pattern on the OEM HIDs on the GLI's or GTI's. I'm considering purchasing a set for my TDI but I just want to be sure the beam pattern is a clean one. If anyone has a pic of the beam pattern shooting up against a wall or garage door that would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

I can try to get one for you. Until then, hopefully moving this thread up will help you out.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
I'm going to go out right now and get you a shot or two.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Scratch that- the camera's as dead as a doornail. Guess I left it on after I uploaded photos last time.

I'm charging it overnight.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (ezlyf)

Thanks for the effort. I'm getting all excited to finally see what the OEM beam pattern is like on these cars. Can't wait!!!

It's largely flat-line. I had the car parked and ready for photos before I realized the camera was dead.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (BRM10984)

I suspected that much as far as a cut off with the beam pattern. The thing I was wondering about was how much difraction of light occurs above the cut-off. The other thing was I wanted to see how much "color shift" is present at the top edge of the cut-off. The bosch projectors on these headlamps are pretty good. I just wanted to compare them to audi's S4/A4 Valeo projectors.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

I suspected that much as far as a cut off with the beam pattern. The thing I was wondering about was how much difraction of light occurs above the cut-off. The other thing was I wanted to see how much "color shift" is present at the top edge of the cut-off. The bosch projectors on these headlamps are pretty good. I just wanted to compare them to audi's S4/A4 Valeo projectors.

Weather-willing, I'll take the photos for you tomorrow night. The color shift is pretty impressive, IMO.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

Sorry I didn't post them earlier- I locked myself out earlier so I was late getting my studying done.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Glad to help.

I tried to capture the crispness of the color at the cutoff. I hope it gives you a good idea of what you were interested in. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.