VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
What tips are those?
Just cheap eBay/Amazon China specials.
Used the same brand on my GTI and they still look new and solid after 3 years of use.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I initially was planing to do just that (extend the tail pipes of the stock suitcase muffler and add dual tips). After laying out the shape of the pipes that would be needed to get them perfectly even out the back I realized that since this mod was only for looks and it’s the ladies car anyways I came up with a way to get the look I wanted with much less work and the benefit of getting them to sit perfectly symmetrical since that was one of the elements that took us a good amount of time to get right on the custom exhaust we built for my 19 GTI.

Cliff notes : purchased tips for under $100, welded some 16gauge stainless scrap metal to the tops, Drilled and bolted to the underbody flange.

End result was to replace fake plastic tips with fake metal tips, haha. *you cannot see that they are fake either unless you are under the vehicle.

View attachment 151360

View attachment 151363
View attachment 151362
View attachment 151361
View attachment 151359

That's a great idea. Install tips first then connect. Cut the downward portion on the suitcase and attach flex or remove the suitcase altogether and have a muffler shop fabricate a Y to split. We cut off the dual exhaust muffler (delete) and used a flex to test the sound before fabricating the dual exhaust pipes on our 08 C30.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts