VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my '07 5 series last week and my '04 V8 Phaeton will be returned to the dealer on Friday. The Phaeton was far and away the finest vehicle I have owned. I experienced no mechanical problems and (believe it or not) no electrical problems during my 36,000 miles. I will miss it.
Kudos to everyone, and, of course, especially to Michael, on this forum. It was the info on this forum that steered me to the Phaeton initially, and it has been a constant source of information since then.
Best,
Roger

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Re: Farewell, Phaeton (docroger1)

Hi Roger:
Thanks for stopping by to let us know that you are getting a new car. I have heard lots of nice things about the BMW 7 series, and some of the BMW interiors are really, really nice... so, I am sure you are going to enjoy the new car.
Drop by and visit us often, and after you have had the 7 for a while, let us know how it compares to the Phaeton - what's better, what's worse, what things you would like to change, etc.
Michael

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Re: (murphybaileysam)

Oh - well, the 5 series is very nice too. Very attractive exterior styling. I think it is pretty much the same as a 7, except in a more compact package.
I missed Chicago - had to get back to Toronto quickly, so I just drove direct from Orlando to Detroit to Toronto. Maybe we can have another Chicago GTG in Q1 2007.
Michael

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Re: (docroger1)

Quote, originally posted by docroger1 »
I'll keep lurking......

I'll tell you one thing, the "Upgraded Logic 7" stereo in the BMW doesn't even come close to the upgraded stereo in the Phaeton.....

Cool http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.