VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

SoCal R32 is proud to announce details for Fastivus 2012, sponsored by Volkswagen of America!
For additional sponsorship opportunities, please contact me via Vortex IM.

Volkswagen Pasadena
130 N. Sierra Madre Blvd.
Pasadena CA, 91107
(866) 276-1477

Pasadena Volkswagen is once again hosting our event for 2012. Not only are they clearing out
their dealership lots to accommodate all our cars and the Golf R... they're catering in delicious
food for us so that we can have lunch courtesy of Pasadena Volkswagen!

SoCal R32's Annual Huge Get Together
Special Volkswagen and Vendor Project Cars on Display
Volkswagen of America in attendance!
Vendor booths on display
World Famous SoCal R32 Raffle
Media Coverage by major publications
... and more!

The Gardens of Taxco Restaurant
1113 North Harper Avenue
West Hollywood, CA 90046

Willow Springs Raceway's Big Willow
3500 75th Street West
Rosamond, CA 93560

This year's track event is open to ALL VWs!!! - YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT, CLICK BELOW!

- Track your VW at Big Willow for just $32!!!
- Come out and experience a full day of "VW ONLY" racing on one of SoCal's greatest road courses!
- Limited slots for the track event, register early!
- Full track event, intended for beginners to advanced drivers
- Dedicated VW R32 and Golf R run groups (if possible depending on registrations)
- SoCal R32's "King of the Hill" trophy for the best lap time in the advanced run group
- Free "first timer" introduction course led by Speed Ventures
- Volkswagen of America in attendance!
- Media Coverage by major publications
- Helmet and Transponder rentals available
... and more!

TRACK DAY HOST HOTEL INFO
Our host hotel is the Palmdale Hotel, located at 300 West Palmdale Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93551.
The Palmdale Hotel is a very nice hotel. It has a nice pool and hot tub area and a fitness room.
The Speed Ventures deal is great: $69/night (1-2 people) or $138/night for a 2-room suite.
Included in your price are 2 drink coupons for the bar and a full breakfast! Reservations must be
made over the phone (661) 273-1200. Please state that you are with SPEED VENTURES to get the
special discount!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thinking of bringing the 90 jetta with almost 600,000 miles again.
But big willow is harder on cars than Buttonwillow.

Since last year, the poor jetta got rear ended. Although not "bad" it sucks as the car had never been hit before. I wonder if tech would not let me run because it has a bungee cord holding the trunk closed.
Mike

·
Registered
970 Posts
I'm trying to figure out which days to get a room for... what do people usually do?
I'm guessing that I won't really want to drive the 6 hours home after the trackday...

Does everyone usually show up on Friday night or go straight to the GTG on Saturday?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm trying to figure out which days to get a room for... what do people usually do?
I'm guessing that I won't really want to drive the 6 hours home after the trackday...

Does everyone usually show up on Friday night or go straight to the GTG on Saturday?
Also interested to know as I am also coming from SJ. I am thinking of driving home after the track day on Sunday. Driving home on Monday will suck unless you take off early in the morning.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts