VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
18,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, i was on my wat to work, and left late, this accident happened about 10 minutes before i got near there, which, i shoulda been at, had i left on time...

Semi driver is fine, the pickup truck driver was killed instantly, he crossed the grass divider, missed one car, clipped an SUV and then was destroyed by the Semi.

Quote »

Crews were cleaning up piles of debris on the roadway. An engine of one vehicle split into pieces.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/9693746/detail.html

· Registered
25,576 Posts
Re: Fatal accident, Pickup vs Semi... closed down the highway near me. (Nourdmrolnmt)

They've been installing those wire boundaries in the medians of highways around here due to a rash of cross over accidents.

· Registered
18,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Fatal accident, Pickup vs Semi... closed down the highway near me. (Silly_me)

Quote, originally posted by Silly_me »
They've been installing those wire boundaries in the medians of highways around here due to a rash of cross over accidents.

this aint no small median, as you can tell in the pics where the one fire truck is in the middle, they go down, and back up, and are not flat as well... probably about 3-4 lanes wide in the median at least.

· Registered
18,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Fatal accident, Pickup vs Semi... closed down the highway near me. (wrigh003)

Quote, originally posted by wrigh003 »

Drunk or fell asleep at the wheel?
That's terrible.

@ 9am drunk? interesting... i dont believe so.

· Registered
14,449 Posts
Re: Fatal accident, Pickup vs Semi... closed down the highway near me. (Nourdmrolnmt)

Quote, originally posted by Nourdmrolnmt »
this aint no small median, as you can tell in the pics where the one fire truck is in the middle, they go down, and back up, and are not flat as well... probably about 3-4 lanes wide in the median at least.

Doesn't matter how wide they are. If there's no catch boundary, a vehicle will keep going across until it ends up like that pickup.

· Registered
Blackwing, Model 3, S2000, i3, Odyssey
15,851 Posts

It takes a lot more than 40 feet of grass to slow a car from 70 MPH.

· Registered
1,773 Posts
In a sense it was good he hit the semi, because if it was another car, there would have been more fatalities.
But seriously, undivided high speed highways scare the crap out of me. Even on the double yellow 2 lane roads around here I have to dodge and honk at distracted drivers coming into my lane head on.

· Registered
8,424 Posts

I heard about this yesterday but didn't see any of the accident pictures. What a mess.

And yes, as bad as it is to say, it's good he hit a semi. I'm sure quick and painless death for the pickup driver and limited him as the only fatality.

· Registered
13,824 Posts
Re: Fatal accident, Pickup vs Semi... closed down the highway near me. (roccostud)

Quote, originally posted by roccostud »
if it was an alcoholic.. it could be.

Or an alcoholic celebrity

· Registered
25,576 Posts

Quote »

Yeah, they are still installing these on empty grass sprawled medians.
Narrow to no medians around here get the cinder block treatment

· Registered
18,601 Posts

@ 9am drunk? interesting... i dont believe so.

Are you saying it's not feasible someone could have been drinking before 9am?

· Banned
4,473 Posts
Re: Fatal accident, Pickup vs Semi... closed down the highway near me. (what)

Quote, originally posted by what »

Or an alcoholic celebrity

That motherfoker is already off the hook. $1600 fine and 3 years probation.......heard it on the news last night.

· Registered
39,449 Posts
Re: Fatal accident, Pickup vs Semi... closed down the highway near me. (eppy73)

Quote, originally posted by eppy73 »
That motherfoker is already off the hook. $1600 fine and 3 years probation.......heard it on the news last night.

You say that as if he was treated differently than any other drunk. TONS of DUI offenders don't even get probation, they just get a $500 fine and some points on their license.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.