VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for the best suspension kit that has a firm yet responsive ride. Not too soft and not always track ready....prefer adjustable shock...and this is for cup kits not full coilovers. Im not trying to spend more that 600
thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Re: Favorite Suspension kit for MKIV 1.8t (ReflexGTI1.8T)

For under $600 and with adjustability, I can only think of Koni Yellows (There's a group buy going on, $449US shipped)
The popular choice for spring is H&R Sports/Race depending on your needs.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Re: Favorite Suspension kit for MKIV 1.8t (reflex-silver)

are these the only ones that you are considering cuz if not you are leaving out the main ones. H&R/Billstein PSS9/FK
I heard good thinks about weitec. If I had a chance to change I would go H&R coils 4 sure

·
Registered
665 Posts
Have you looked into Autotech's Club Sport kits? they are Hor Tech springs with Sachs shocks. They are designed for the MKIV cars. I was going to get the H&R/Bilstein combo, which are really nice, but after riding in a car with the ClubSport Stage 3 kit from autotech on it, it was a lot smoother ride and handling was amazing... did have a little more squat on acceleration and braking, but nothing like stock. You might want to just check it out. http://www.autotech.com

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Re: Favorite Suspension kit for MKIV 1.8t (ReflexGTI1.8T)

H&R Cupkit is another good choice.
But frankly, if you are looking to get an aggressive/race-like setup, $600 is a tight budget.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.