VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trunk wusn't co-operating with me very well, I didn't mind the excercise it took 2 open the trunk. But the fact that I have an 03 Jetta, and the trunk is acting stubborn pissed me off. I heard this was a common issue. So of course, it's getting replaced under warranty. My parts dude said that it was on "National Backorder", and that they'd hafta re-stock on it. Amazingly enough I recieve the letter saying that they have recieved it just 2 days after my visit.

So, before I drop off my car, and get a loner 2 have "fun" with, I wanna get a list of things that I could have done, for free, or of little charge. I just need help with ideas.
Already I have:
Trunk struts- duhh
De-Badging (Of dealership emblem thingy, who think I should get it completely debaged? or would it look okay to just get the jetta emblem removed?)
Possibly install rear fog light (If they don't offer a good price, I'll buy the crimped wire I need, and doit myself. I doubt it'll B free) - just installed my EuroSwitch
And my dad has a Mini Cooper S to play with, and whenever he takes it 2 the dealership, and gets it back, the list of stuff they done to the car is usually pretty comprehensive, and almost always includes an ECU Upgrade/Update. Does VW do that, like, if you ask them to, would they?

I talk 2 much...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'll let you in on some things that my dealer told me when I went in for my 10k service last friday.
1. They only connect their computers up to your car if you have any CEL's or warning lights. The only time they connect up for preventive maintinance is going to be during your 20k and 40k service. I specifically asked them this to see if my MFD was giving any radio fault codes.
2. They will not debadge your car for you, unless you are getting an entire new trunk lid ( probably not, they will replace your latch and lift assist before they do that ) then you could request that they do not put the JETTA or 1.8T on it. They won't touch the VW emblem because it is "part of your latch assembly".
3. Rear fog light. I wouldn't even ask them, they will look at you funny and point. The best bet is to do it yourself. If you tell them that you have the "euroswitch" they will tell you that it is for the european version of your car and it won't work. <-- and it does, do it yourself and DO NOt tell them

Hope this helps, feel free to im if you have questions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts