VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Taos 4-motion , 2021 Jetta S
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my Super Sprint exhaust delivered today. The install was pretty simple. I used a Ryobi reciprocating saw and metal blade to slice thru the stock exhaust like butter. $65.00 bucks from Home Depot. There were two difficult steps to the self install. One was getting the piping up and over the rear axle. The other was fitting the resonator replacement pipe into the end of the pipe connected to the muffler. I had to jack the car back up due to a minute exhaust leak at the cat / resonator location. The clamp that holds the two pieces together has a measuring mark on it somewhat like a dipstick level indicator. It sounds pretty insane. I haven't driven it but a few miles, but overall I very satisfied. I have to give props to Nick at NAMotorsport for giving me a great deal on the muffler of $349.00 plus $40.00 shipping. It took only 3 days. I can email audio/video if you request it. Enjoy.

Modified by Peel Box at 7:25 PM 6-24-2005

Modified by Peel Box at 7:26 PM 6-24-2005

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FedEx was good: Super Sprint Install (99VR6GTI)

Quote, originally posted by 99VR6GTI »
nice choice on the exhaust, supersprint is top notch quality did you feel any performance gains http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I think, if I'm not mistaken, I lost a a little bit down low, but that can be gained by putting back the resonator. Top end is much smoother. Pulls harder past 4,000 RPM. I haven't had much seat time and I think it will take the VR a few days to adjust.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: FedEx was good: Super Sprint Install (Lew_Dog)

Quote, originally posted by Lew_Dog »
Hooo Baby! When are you going 4 wheelin'??
Suspension next perhaps??
I'd be curious too on how it performs and sounds....

LMAO....I just set it down off the jacks and it hadn't settled yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.