VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that many people in the 24VR6 forum are exposed to different kinds of exhaust systems. I'm currently debating if I should go for a Miltek VR6 2.5in exhaust or for the TT 2.5in exhaust.
Any feedback from you guys?
I want an exhaust with the following
1) Best perfomance gains
2) Being easy on the ears when cruising on the highway but when pushing the throttle to hear what a VR6 is all about..
Which exhaust system suits the best??

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Re: Feedback needed from you experienced VR6 12Valvers (Pocket Empty)

all vr6 exhaust make around the same power. what do you want to do in the future? SC, Turbo? depending on what you want the size will matter. Im running a magnaflow 2.25 with GIAC, Blue Rhino CAI. the exhaust is perfect in every way. great gains, sound and performance. i have some pic and clips in my sig

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Feedback needed from you experienced VR6 12Valvers (tcrboravr6)

If I do any more engine mods it will be an SC. I currently have a GIAC and CAI installed.
Keep bringing some feedback as it's worth a lot on my decision. Unfortunately I do not have local people here to compare the two. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Feedback needed from you experienced VR6 12Valvers (Demon_Dub)

So your's is okay at cruising speeds? I take the higwhay often and I would like the car to be quiet. Only when I push it hard I like the thing to let the sweet VR6 sound to let loose.
quote:[HR][/HR]Personally Miltek is WAY to quiet for me. TT http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

The TT system in my Corrado has been sweet. No drone at highway speeds and sounds awsome running around town. Plus it has actual Dyno shown power gains http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I know some Golf owners have had drone issues with the TT system, so I think it really depends on the application.

·
Registered
77 Posts

The TT on my Corrado sounds incredible (not sure if all of the engine mods also make a difference) but I have to admit that after a couple of years the droning on the highway is tiresome. I also get nothing but negative comments from non-car folks that ride in my car such as "This car was really nice before, why is it so loud now?" (dad) or "Let me out of here, the resonance makes me want to barf" (now ex-girlfriend with a headache during that time of the month after we had a fight). Plus the assorted dumbass "hey, you need a new muffler or something" comments. On the positive side people always know when I am arriving. Anyway, the TT exhaust is great but it is not quiet. If you are looking for something that is close to being as quiet as stock it may not work for you. I am looking at having a larger (pseudo-suitcase) resonator put in in place of the second resonator; maybe that will help.
Regards,
Anand

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Feedback needed from you experienced VR6 12Valvers (apshah)

You guys are giving me a fairly good idea as to what direction I would go. It seems to me that the TT is more like performance oriented rather then db levels.... or that's the idea I'm getting so far. Now will the Miltek give me similar gains as a TT?? Last thing I want is to have an exhaust installed that almost sounds like stock but also performs like a stock exhaust. If my wallet notices the only difference then I might as well just stick with the stock... ?? Anyone has some dyno charts with Miltek?
I'm asking a lot aren't I?
quote:[HR][/HR]The TT on my Corrado sounds incredible (not sure if all of the engine mods also make a difference) but I have to admit that after a couple of years the droning on the highway is tiresome. I also get nothing but negative comments from non-car folks that ride in my car such as "This car was really nice before, why is it so loud now?" (dad) or "Let me out of here, the resonance makes me want to barf" (now ex-girlfriend with a headache during that time of the month after we had a fight). Plus the assorted dumbass "hey, you need a new muffler or something" comments. On the positive side people always know when I am arriving. Anyway, the TT exhaust is great but it is not quiet. If you are looking for something that is close to being as quiet as stock it may not work for you. I am looking at having a larger (pseudo-suitcase) resonator put in in place of the second resonator; maybe that will help.
Regards,
Anand[HR][/HR]​

[Modified by Pocket Empty, 7:43 PM 2-1-2003]

·
Registered
2,149 Posts

mkIV's dont drone nearly as much as a corrado or even a mk3 gti so lets not compare the whole droneing thing. Secondly my mk3 glx dosen't drone much at all even when I don't have the rear seats or anything.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Re: Feedback needed from you experienced VR6 12Valvers (Dansk Ventoe)

What sold me on the 2.5" TT is that every muscle car I race or drive with. Or muscle like events they alwasy say how nice my car sounds.
Or a couple weeks ago at an Audio gathering with s high end cars. When I rorred out of the lot at the Red hook. Later several people made mention of how awsome that sounded. A deep throutie growl.
Yet just cruising around it is not all to loud.. Plus I know as I get more and more power and flow that this system will do a pretty good job.
Now if I was tossing a 350hp turbo then hell yes you need a 3".. But till then a 2.5 rocks.

·
Registered
449 Posts

i have a tt w/ a borla. cruzing on the highway is a female puppy dog!!! it is so loud in the car i can't have a human conversation in my car without saying "what" a hundred times. the tone is so deep it carries into the car real bad. the higher the rpm's the quiter it is. if i was beating the piss out of it i'm shure i would love it. i put the exhaust on because i wanted the look of a 2002 with the nice chrome dual tip. my mistake? but that's just my opinion?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.