Hey all. I am starting to prep my 2002 Audi S6 Avant, affectionately named Yeti, for sale and wanted to get it listed for some feelers. This is not a need-to-sell situation by any means, just thinking of parting with it so it can go off to a home and be driven more than I do now. I purchased this car and have loved driving it since, including on road trips to Moab and as my commuter.
A proper photoshoot has been scheduled for 2 weeks from now so I will share more photos then, but for now this is a feeler.
Every bit of maintenance that can be done has been completed. Anything that is not up to par has been addressed to make this as good of a vehicle as possible for 19 years old. Much to the disgust of my wallet, no expense has been spared when it has come to keeping this car on the road in the best condition I can keep it without going absolutely crazy. It's a driver's car for sure. Paired with the 6spd manual transmission, this S6 is one of the most fun vehicles I have ever driven.
This is 1 of 31 Pearl White C5 Audi S6s delivered to the USA, 1 of 20 matched with the ebony/black interior. In all, Audi only delivered 662 Audi S6s in 2002, and sadly as many of them are no longer on the road.
- First owner was/is a technician at Ed Carroll Porsche / Audi in Fort Collins, CO. Sold (thru Ed Carroll) for a B7 S4
- Second owner purchased and owned briefly before being transferred overseas, consigning it at Ed Carroll to expedite the sale
- Third owner purchased it in May 2012 with about ~59k miles from Ed Carroll. Sold it to me to buy a Panamera
- All service performed before this completed by Ed Carroll
- I purchased it with 110,xxx miles in 2017.
- It now sits with around 134,000 miles on it.
- All service performed while in third owner and my possession completed by Berg Performance, with a complete book of records provided to the buyer
Stock Vehicle highlights:
- 4.2L V8 40 valve engine (340 HP)
- Pearl white exterior / Ebony leather interior
- F/R heated seats and steering wheel
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Alcantara headliner
- Full-size spare
- Bose audio
- Factory HID (xenon) headlamps
- Factory head unit with 6 CD changer
- Power/memory sport seats (driver and passenger)
- Rear park assist
- Factory carpet and all-weather (rubber) floormats|
- Memory driver and passenger seats
- LATCH system installed on passenger side; have hardware for driver’s side
- 6 speed 01E transmission from a B5 S4, inclusive of new OEM 1st and 2nd gear synchros and shift collar deburred
- RS4 clutch kit with OEM dual mass flywheel
- KW V2 Coilover Suspension
- Milltek unresonated exhaust
- 200 cell high flow cats
- TTRS 370mm Front Brake Upgrade Kit with cross-drilled, vented rotors
- K&N panel filter
- JHM solid short-throw shifter
- JHM weighted stainless steel shift knob
- Custom Alcantara shift boot (OEM material to match headliner)
- Wood interior trim hydro-dipped with custom carbon fiber vinyl overlay
- Full LED fog lights (headlamp switch modified to work without headlamps)
- OEM headlamps cleared of amber reflectors
- LED reverse lights
- Clear side markers
- OEM stainless door blades
- VMR V710 19x19.5 hyper silver wheels with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
- No name winter wheel setup with barely used snow tires included
- Yakima box is not included in this price but can be negotiated in final deal
- Hardwired front dashcam with 64gig storage
Condition (Exterior / Interior):
- Overall, above average
- Leather on seats in great shape with minimal wear on driver's seat bolsters
- No holes, stains, tears throughout interior
- No missing pixels in cluster, climate controls, or head unit
- Front right, lower bumper has a small crack on the underside, probably the result of a parking block, but has been stitched into place and cannot be seen unless on the ground
- Typical, minor dings/scratches for a 20 year old car, but nothing significant
- Never tracked in my ownership
- Emissions was just completed last week with an easy pass.
- Many spare parts are included in this sale.
- I will provide every repair order for the vehicle since I took ownership and can truthfully say that there is no “deferred maintenance” on the car. If Berg Performance felt like something needed attention, it was addressed with his recommended products. I am also working on getting the full service records from its time at Ed Carrol for a complete service book.
- Oil and filter services performed every 5K miles with 5W40 full synthetic, OEM filter and crush washer.
- Timing belt service (t-belt, serp belt, water pump, thermostat, rollers) was completed at 67,596 miles and again at 132,087 miles.
Pre Purchase Inspections are welcome. The vehicle is sold as-is. No Warranty. The buyer is responsible for pick up and shipping, but I will happily make recommendations on shippers.
Initial asking price: $22,000