VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've decided to move on from my fun little cabby. (I suppose i'll have to change my username as well?) I was going to do all sorts of things to her but I don't make enough for all the mods I was thinking about. So I've decided to get a newer Golf TDI or something along those lines. I am very sad to see her go. Below is some info about her.

**PLEASE NOTE: THIS CABRIO RUNS PERFECTLY. There is not one major thing wrong mechanically, other than the fact that it needs a new catalytic converter (or just remove the old one and run it straight pipe if you're going to be living in a state where that's okay)***

I apologize in advance for my lack of photos. I'm currently out of the country for a bit but I'll be back before christmas time and I'm just getting my feelers out to see what the demand is for a little cabby like mine.

CONS:
-There is one dent from a hit and run on the rear passenger side quarter panel. It's noticeable if you're looking for it, but it's not incredibly terrible. There is no paint breakage or scratches, but the dent remains. I predict it to cost no more than $200 to repair at any body shop or at home.
-The catalytic converter is in need of replacement or removal. The check engine light is on, and the codes read out that it's an issue with the cat. Due to it's needing to be replaced, it makes an odd noise at low RPM's. I thought at first that it was the heat shield being loose and rattling, so I removed it, but it turned out to be the CC.
-The brake pads will need replacing soon.
-When it rains, as with most cabrios/cabriolets, the driver's side window leaks onto the seat. I've found that on rainy days an easy way to prevent a wet butt is to tilt the driver's seat forward and lay a towel down. I know, it's a little ghetto but it's all in the name of a dry a$$

I can't think of any more info to give, please email [email protected] or PM me on here with serious inquiries only. I'm asking $5000 obo right now but i'm going to be more flexible if offers are realistic and fair. I won't take a trade, nor will I part it out at this time. I'll have photos up as soon as I can get my hands on some.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uhhhh sorry my photobucket is being so damn stupid. and that photo of me is so giant. i din't expect any of that to happen. when i get back to the states hopefully i'll be able to post some better photos where i'm not in the way of the auto.

lol, but i hope this helps a bit. as you can see, she's really clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.