VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I going to be picking up a Turbo Diesel engine tomorrow. I don't have much information at the moment all I know is it's complete and possibly has a transmission attached to it. Just checking to see if anyone in the South Florida area has any interest in it whole. If not I may part it out so let me know if their's any interest. Email me directly at [email protected]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picked up the turbo diesel today. This is what I know so far...
It's a 1.6l Turbo Diesel out of an earily 90's Jetta, possibly an Eco-diesel (no enrichment diaphram on top of the fuel pump). It's 100% Complete including all oil lines. It also has the A/C compressor, power steering pump, and alternator but I doubt any of these items are in working order. The engine has been pull for some time. When I picked it up I was told it was pulled running but I would still go through it before using. It also has the original 5 speed still attached to it. I'm putting a price of $1200 on it for everything. I am flexable on the price so if you are interested email me and we'll talk. Only interested in selling all together at the moment but may split up in the future if their is no interest in the whole package.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Messed around with the turbo diesel alittle today. It is infact an Eco-diesel. It turns over fine. I pulled the valve cover and this engine is cleaner under the valve cover than some gas motors I have seen. Turbo spins freely and has minimal shaft play. Anyone interested in this??? May trade up or down on a set of unique 3 piece wheels, Always looking for aftermarket vw valve covers, clean Caddy tailgates, 7" round Hella Head lights, small duckbill spoiler, Caddy front coilovers (no junk please), 74-80 Rabbit Dash, or ????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts