VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as some of you may know the Colorado Springs New Beetle club has monthly GTG to meet up and have burgers at Sonic in the Springs. I obviously don't have a NB, but I asked last month, and all VWs are welcome.
http://www.yoyospin.com/nbc/page2.html
I anticipate going this month (If I'm not on company travel to L.A.), and was thinking that if others were interested we could caravan down.
Maybe meet up at Krispy Kreme at like 2 PM and depart in time to make the springs at 3:30 for the GTG. I was thinking Krispy Kreme because its right off of I-25 and C470, so if anyone were driving down to the springs they almost have to pass KK anyway.
Directions from YoYoSpin:
quote:[HR][/HR]U-bet-ya...I25 south to COS, exit on Garden of the Gods, go east. GofG turns into Austin Bluffs. Continue east on Austin Bluffs for about 5 miles, crossing Academy. Then look for the Sonic on your right. See you there!!!!!
[HR][/HR]​
So anyone else interested?

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: Feeler Post: Caravan to the Springs on Dec 16th? (BoraVR6)

If mother nature chills out on the snow, count me in.
If not .. i might not go.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Feeler Post: Caravan to the Springs on Dec 16th? (1BadAzzVR6)

I put the hakka q's on Sunday night

·
Registered
241 Posts

May be into that. Will have to see what the 16th brings. Plans for the 15th may boil over to the 16th... and with the weather and all I am not sure. I will let you know when things are closer though.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: Feeler Post: Caravan to the Springs on Dec 16th? (JerBer)

what about Joe and Kenny, they coming too?
and im sure there are more then us four (kendall, jeremy, dave, and i) that wanna GTG .. perfect opportunity.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Feeler Post: Caravan to the Springs on Dec 16th? (YoYoSpin)

Well, I'll buy a box of donuts and bring it down - maybe stick it on the seat next to me and turn on the heated seats to keep them warm...
BTW: no promises that all the donuts survive the trip. j/k

·
Banned
493 Posts
Re: Feeler Post: Caravan to the Springs on Dec 16th? (1BadAzzVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]what about Joe and Kenny, they coming too?[HR][/HR]​
I'm down, as long as the weather doesn't turn on us, plus the GTI needs more TLC before I'd be willing to take it to the Springs
Any A1 experts want a steak dinner?
I'm sure Joe would be down too, but he is planning on heading home for the holidays sometime around then. We'll see.

[Modified by kennyg, 2:01 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: Feeler Post: Caravan to the Springs on Dec 16th? (kennyg)

Ok so its settled, everyone @ KK last week plus some others.
ill check the weather that morning and update yall on the mother nature situation.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Sunday December 16th it is !

If you have Motorola TalkAbouts or similar FRS radios bring them. I'll bring my pair, that way we can talk car-to-car on the way down. We'll be using Channel 7 Sub 21. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Note: the TalkAbouts are fairly cheap these days. Remember you can always "try them out" by purchasing them at Target or REI (both have liberal return policies if it turns out you don't like the radios). You'll want to get radios that have 14 Channels with 38 Sub Channel interference codes. This capability dramtically reduces the likelyhood that we would be using the same frequency as someone else. You can buy Motorola TalkAbouts (or similar radios) individually or in pairs.
I've had mine for a few years now and have gotten a lot of use out of them. They are great for group drives, hiking in large groups, or mountain biking with stragglers. Two years ago we used my TalkAbouts on a road trip to Canada. It was great, you could coordinate food/gas/and rest stops with the other car.

[Modified by BoraVR6, 7:42 AM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
56 Posts

I'm addicted to Krispy Kremes hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. *drool* I'll be there.
Barrett

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Sunday December 16th it is ! (YoYoSpin)

quote:[HR][/HR]Oh boy...burgers and donuts....yum
[HR][/HR]​
I can feel my arteries narrowing already

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Feeler Post: Caravan to the Springs on Dec 16th? (RedJettaWE)

Ok, So here's the unofficial list so far (from Denver):
-Dave
-Rich (and Steph?)
-Jeremy and Tracy?
-Joe
-Kenny
-Barrett
Anyone heard from Kendall? Looks like 5-7 cars so far meeting up at Krispy Kreme in Lone Tree (C470 and Quebec).

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

damn ive seen many ppl in the MK4 forum .. but they dont seem to want to stop by here .. damn them.
O yeah, and around town, i work for LoJack so i drive all around the northern areaa of denver and i see a ton i mean a TON of MK3s and 4s. and dont worry kenny and joe, ive seen a lot of Mk2s and 1s. But why dont they get their a$$e$ on here .. ah well maybe one day we should set up a stand @ a VW dealer and get ppl on the Vortex lol

·
Registered
241 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Ok, So here's the unofficial list so far (from Denver):
-Dave
-Rich (and Steph?)
-Jeremy and Tracy?
-Joe
-Kenny
-Barrett
Anyone heard from Kendall? Looks like 5-7 cars so far meeting up at Krispy Kreme in Lone Tree (C470 and Quebec).
[HR][/HR]​
Yep... Tre and I are going to do our best to make it. If nothing else we will at least meet for the donuts.......hmmmmmmmm....dooonuuutttss

·
Registered
518 Posts

I would definately like to go, my rotation at denver general ends the 14 so it is just up in the air whether I will still be here Sunday - my girlfriend really wants me to drive right back when I finish. But if not I will be there for the drive, maybe on my way back to Abq - also I was stopped by a guy in a modded Audi A4 last night and he is very interested in meeting some of the vw community - I will let him know about this.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hey Bora, I got your email. If you don't mind a few vettes I'll see what I can put together, weather permitting <we're kinda limited on what we can drive in* YUCK. Thanks for the invite!! I'll check back on this thread..
-lilred http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
295 Posts

If my rabbit behaves, I'll be there. The last five days, my rabbit wasn't behaving well. I was stuck in middle of NOWHERE in Iowa .....where people don't know jackass about volkswagen.
She seems to be running good lately but its a 17 years old car...you never know.

(quote by Boravr6--by the way, how do you quote this thing without paste and copy?) If you have Motorola TalkAbouts or similar FRS radios bring them. I'll bring my pair, that way we can talk car-to-car on the way down. We'll be using Channel 7 Sub 21. I
I hate to say this but I'm deaf.....I don't think this will work out for ME. So I can just follow you..just make sure you don't lose me and the bunny!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts