VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey everyone, we did it once before so I'm sure we can do it again

This is a feeler post to see who would come out to a local GTG and when/where would be good for everyone that wants to come. I'm guessing it would be on a saturday or sunday and be within the next month or two. I personally would be able to meet any weekend starting that first weekend in May. Let's just get some discussion going on and see what we can come up with.
- B

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (Skorp)

Yeah, I'll bring 4 or 5 other dubbers, some of which weren't at the last GTG. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (xjared304x)

Im in.
Hey Skorp, what did you do with your stock seats? I need somethin to get me by til i get the new ones.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (RVa16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey Skorp, what did you do with your stock seats? I need somethin to get me by til i get the new ones.[HR][/HR]​
Those puppies are long gone, I've had those Jamex Hockenheim's in there for a good 2 years now. I'd let you borrow them if I had them, sorry dude.
Where's everyone that was at the last GTG

If anyone wants to come down from other places we can make this a big meeting

- B

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (GmanX)

Anyone else up for tryin to get somethin big happenin at the end of may? Maybe find a shelter somewhere and throw down BBq style?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (RVa16v)

I am in. Let's have it sometime in May. Not the same weekend as the Williamsburg gtg though. This time I'll have my car and I won't have to ride with my friend in the M5.
Patrick

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

im actually in NoVa now, but am going to move there this summer. my gf is a teacher and just got a job with henrico county and im changing careers to do the same (high school math). so pray i find a job down there and if anyone has any advice where to live, lemme know!
but just in case, if you see this driving around down there, stop me and say hi! ill be new to the area and could use some drinkin buddys!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (sk8vet)

quote:[HR][/HR]if you see this driving around down there, stop me and say hi! ill be new to the area and could use some drinkin buddys!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[HR][/HR]​
Sweet car man, very cool
You'll find that this area is much better than NoVA, there's just too many damned people up there, way overcrowded. When are you moving down here? I'd say the best place to look for houses would be out in the Short Pump area, outside of Richmond itself, they're building a lot out there.
Back to work! http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
- B

·
Registered
910 Posts

Skorp, What's up man. You know i'm there if the schedule is right. Pretty much any weekend that there isn't a big show going on somewhere is good for me.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (rawlmark)

quote:[HR][/HR]Skorp, What's up man. You know i'm there if the schedule is right. Pretty much any weekend that there isn't a big show going on somewhere is good for me. [HR][/HR]​
Good to hear from you, you've been quiet lately

Anyone know of any car audio places or repair places that need some extra help? I'm looking around for a new job and would like to get something more in line with what I enjoy doing, cars

- B

·
Registered
955 Posts

Hey i'm there if you guys set up a date for sure...i think short pump town center would be a good place maybe...i live on the southside so wherever you guys would feel comfortable meeting up...just a suggestion.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Sweet car man, very cool
You'll find that this area is much better than NoVA, there's just too many damned people up there, way overcrowded. When are you moving down here? I'd say the best place to look for houses would be out in the Short Pump area, outside of Richmond itself, they're building a lot out there.
Back to work! http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
- B[HR][/HR]​
yea, im over this area...too commercial and congested. as for where to live, i was thinking more like the fan, shockoe bottom, shockoe slip, around cary town, etc. my sis lives on hanover in the fan and wanted to be close to her.
basically we want hardwood floors, tall ceilings, a dishwasher, w/d on the premises if not in the apartment, off street parking would be cool, and utilities included would be key. either 1 or 2 bedrooms. what are your thoughts on those areas? i want something with a 7-11 nearby or something (big gulps on saturday morning hangovers), and maybe a market or something in walking distance...anyone? ideas?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (sk8vet)

quote:[HR][/HR]basically we want hardwood floors, tall ceilings, a dishwasher, w/d on the premises if not in the apartment, off street parking would be cool, and utilities included would be key. either 1 or 2 bedrooms. what are your thoughts on those areas? i want something with a 7-11 nearby or something (big gulps on saturday morning hangovers), and maybe a market or something in walking distance...anyone? ideas?[HR][/HR]​
Not to turn this post into an apartment hunting guide, but the Fan is a good place to live, you'll be hard-pressed to find off-street parking though (that's one reason I'm moving out this saturday). There are plenty of markets around here and 7-11's are always within a short distance

How would some of you guys feel about a small GTG/BBQ type thing next weekend at my place. I'm moving into a new apartment this saturday and it's on the first floor and there's actual parking around it so I want to have a couple people over for some food and drinkin'. The place isn't terribly big though, and there's a small back yard, so if about 5-10 people want to bring some chips, dip, drinks, stuff to grill, whatever over that'd be sweet. Just a chill day to break in the new apartment
Just an idea, I want to see who's interested before setting anything in stone.
- B

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

actually me and my girl were gonna come down saturday morning (of next week), should get there around noonish-1pm. i could be down for some
and chips and hot dogs!

[Modified by sk8vet, 1:34 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
910 Posts

Unfortunatly next Sat I'll be in NoVA at the Lake Fairfax BBQ/GTG. You all should come up.
Where are you moving to? I'm in the West End (Short Pump) area.
BTW, I love that pic. Is that one that I took??

1 - 20 of 55 Posts