VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (vnmvr6)

Well, I still don't know when it's going to be and on which day. It'd be nice to try and welcome "the new guy" (hehe) to Richmond, but I think it'd be better to go with the majority of free time. Everyone just say when would be a good time and we'll work from there.
- B

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (GmanX)

quote:[HR][/HR]The fan isn't the place if you like your car. People tend to run into parked cars down there pretty regularly.[HR][/HR]​
I can vouch for that one, BLEH! Anyone who's seen my car knows what he's talking about... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
- B

·
Registered
910 Posts
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (Skorp)

lol, I can also vouch for this. I used to live downtown, decided it was time to get a new car, moved out of downtown and then bought the new car. Planned it that way.
Skorp, talked to your roomy at Advanced tonight. Hope the move goes well. I'll be around Sat morning if you guys need any help.
l8r

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (rawlmark)

Man, moving sucks! But the new place rocks!
But now I don't have internet access in my apartment until AT&T gets off their collective asses and hooks mine up next Monday. I'm sitting at the VCU library right now, bleh...
Anyway, is anyone still up for a GTG at my place this coming weekend? Saturday would work the best, and I don't have any specific times right now, that's up to you all. This will definately have to be a BYOB event though as I lost my job last week and have to save every penny until I can get another one (or two). I've got a grill, a rotisserie, a kickass oven, PLENTY of fridge space (we've got a huge Snapple cooler like you see in 7-11 that we can fill with ice if necessary), and hopefully a dog by then, so let's see what we can get together

Post what times this weekend you'd be able to come hang out and ALSO post what weekends in the next 2 months you'd be available for a bigger GTG.
Later
- B

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

my girl and i are coming down this saturday (get there around noonish), but were gonna try and do some apt shopping. were gonna call around and see if we can get a looksy for something in july. ill keep ya posted, but i could be down for some veggie dogs, bbq doritos, and some
!!
j

·
Registered
272 Posts

doh.. i'm heading to WV to see my mom and get the car inspected this weekend or i would totally be down for a spot of chillin saturday. chris (rva16v) and i have been trying to scope out some spots for a bbq sometime in may, maymont park has some nice shelters and plenty of parking right there before the nickel bridge. we're gonna check on costs and all that, but it looks like it'd be a real nice place. also keep in my that there is a bug out in manassas on the 26th that a lot of people are going to.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

i'm game for a GTG in richmond - my old stomping grounds. i'll bring my vag-com enabled laptop and cable.
i'm out of town this coming weekend, but generally around otherwise. heck, i was just in richmond the other night - stranded after the headlights in my 02 passat went out

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (amgvw)

Don't forget ODAC is having their VW Show in Richmond on May 11 - good opportunity to meet/show for a cause. We can also get a caravan together for Bug Out on May 26 in Manassas.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

This "only can access the net at the library thing" sucks!

I had no idea there was a VW show on the 11th here in Richmond. Do you have any more information on it?
Caravan to the BugOut would be great, I missed it last year and was pissed, I don't want to miss it this year.
Seems like some people aren't going to be around this weekend, that sucks. Who IS going to be around and when? We've gotta break in the new apartment

- B

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

our story is (me and my girl), ive been calling places to see about apts and not too many have july leases available nor can they show them until may 1st. my sis says to walk around and see whats for rent, etc...so because of this we were gonna nix the weekend trip until may 10th. if someone has some better ideas or something, or can think of another reason for us to come down, lemme know and well transform and roll out!

in fact, if we come down for the 11th, i was thinking of bringing some dub friends (a couple from NJ), so that could be the weekend to get down
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

Ok guys, Saturday is two days away. If you want to come over saturday and hang out give me a call. 804-874-0703. Anyone is welcome, BYOB, we can grill if we get some burgers or hotdogs, whatever floats your boat

- B

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

alright, so it's saturday
I talked to Jared the other day and we think that it'd be better to organize something in may that can be a little larger, most likely at his place, so let's keep this thread going and see if we can't get some people together! I've been noticing that the richmond crew is pretty unorganized, does anyone have any ideas of how we can fix that? Would a central place for contact information be good or a mailing list, something along those lines? Lemme know...
- B

·
Registered
211 Posts

Good luck trying to get local dubbers organized - thats why I hang out with that "ground control" group. We could get a e-mail list together and set up a weekly meeting to plan going to shows and such. Going to Volkfest next week?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]alright, so it's saturday
I talked to Jared the other day and we think that it'd be better to organize something in may that can be a little larger, most likely at his place, so let's keep this thread going and see if we can't get some people together! I've been noticing that the richmond crew is pretty unorganized, does anyone have any ideas of how we can fix that? Would a central place for contact information be good or a mailing list, something along those lines? Lemme know...
- B[HR][/HR]​
alright...leave it to the *new* guy to get this ****e rolling.
my gf and i will be coming down the weekend of may 10th-12th to apartment shop and walk around and see where we wanna live. also that weekend is a charity show (http://www.olddominionaircoolers.com) and i have a couple friends with some heavily modified jettas from NJ that are gonna roll down and visit for a good cause. ill also try and get my friend kym to come (mk3 schrick s/c nos vr6 cabrio) to come down that weekend...soooo, thats 5 people right there! lets build on it!
i say we all go to this charity show for the humane society, we can all meet and get know each other, my gf and i can look for some cats for our new apt, and then we bbq at someones house that night and drink LOTS of
! we can get some veggie dogs, bbq doritos, coronas and margaritas...
WHOS WITH ME?? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm down with that ^^^
go new guy!!!

- B[HR][/HR]​
thanks, but i guess youre the only one?? try to rally your friends together down there and les do dis! i dont know any the richmond heads so i nominate you as event coordinator

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Re: Feeler post for Richmond GTG within next month or two... (sk8vet)

Ah christ, why me? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get these people together???

Could everyone please make this easy on me and chime in about the charity show and a BBQ afterwards, I think it'll be a great day if we can all get together for this one. I guess that means I should wash my car before then, hehe...
ATTENTION RICHMOND DENIZENS!!!: Who can show up and where can we do this BBQ?
(Today's my birthday, I'm no longer a teenager, woohoo
)
- B

21 - 40 of 55 Posts