VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll spare everyone the sob story, but I will say my situation has changed - I honestly planned on keeping this car forever.

Let me be clear - this car was restored some 5 years ago at ~90K and has been carefully driven since. It currently shows about 116K. The list of new parts at 90K is endless - suspension, brakes, brake lines, gas tank, carpeting, headliner, window rubber, euro bumps, electrics, clutch, motor and trans rebuild, etc. etc. etc. Tall 5th swap, low temp stat and fan switch. It drives like a 3-year old car.

NEW snowflakes
NEW Pirelli P-6 All Season
Perfect shift boot with near-perfect spare.
DIN AM/FM/CD installed with perfect/uncut spare dash panel.
Uncut hatch panel

Interior needs a driver side door card upper. Otherwise perfect with spares.
Rear valance rust repair needs to be redone.
Sunroof panel paint is poor - needs respray

That's about all I can think of. It get lots of attention at shows and outings and is a blast to drive. It's not a museum-quality echassin car, but it's a damn fine example of a correct '83 GTI. Suspension, engine, transmission, and body is all stock specification (with the exception of the Euro bumpers - I don't have the US-spec ones). It has a full exhaust with the correct manifold, muffler, and cat. Aside from the couple of period mods mentioned, this is an unmolested car.

I know I can't recoup what I have in to it, but I would not let it go for under $6.5K. I'm not interested in trades.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to see it go....

I met you at Bear Moutain a few times. I have the red 83 GTI with the Social D sticker on the back. I would reconsider the sale if I were you. Sell the house, blood, etc. Dont let it go....

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I met you at Bear Moutain a few times. I have the red 83 GTI with the Social D sticker on the back. I would reconsider the sale if I were you. Sell the house, blood, etc. Dont let it go....
:banghead:

I know.... this is still just a feeler - I'm really not sure if I'm letting it go.

YOU have a museum piece that needs to be sustained for all eternity. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.