VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: salvage title R32, DPB, 98k-10500

I have considered selling my R for a little while now and I am just wanting to see if it would be worth it to me financially.

It has 95k(I've had it for 15k) The owner before me repaired it and drove it for a while but sold it to get money to finish another car.

It has no major problems except a few dents and paint spots.

It's on 18" RC's aith good toyo proxes4 and RSD 20mm spacers in the rear and BG springs. It has ebay 8000k hids and I painted the grill black.

I am looking for something much cheaper to maintain if you want to trade.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I'd say its worth a little more than 5 grand if its in good running shape. Does it have a salvage title or a reconstructed title? There is a difference. Also more information as to what kind of accident it was in that totaled it would be helpful. Front end, rear end or side? Airbag Deployment? Frame Damage? A car that was totaled in an accident with frame damage and bags deployed is worth less than just a cosmetic total. I have bought and sold many clean and dirty titled salvage vehicles. Enough to know that each state has its own process for salvage vehicles. I've seen cars ripped in half with clean titles and cars with minor damage with a salvage title. If you are looking for what its worth think about what you paid for it. Take that into consideration and also think about what you would be willing to pay for it now. The rule of thumb for a salvage vehicle is that its worth half the book value, so approx $7500 for your R. So if it was repaired correctly and is in good shape I would say its worth anywhere between $7500 and $12500.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have to title in my possession right now, so it may be a rebuilt title I dn\on;t know 100% fo the background of the car but i do know it was front end damage, and i believe it was a lady who hit a curd in the snow and cracked the oil pan, going around 30 or so. I bought it from a friend who buys wrecked vw's and fixes them as projects for himself, i just got lucky he was wanting to sell it. Just recenly he bought another though because he missed it.

I was thinking with the condition it is in I could get 9-12 out of it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Is there any way you can get more info on the car? like title wise? and what caused a "not clean" title?

(sorry i dont have carfax)

edit: also would you be interested in an E36 3 series possibly?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was the previous owner of this vehicle... car runs like a dream, and to the one who says its worth 5000...go buy a Golf GTI... thats such a low ball for a vehicle like this.. an R32 with 95k miles with a clean title is worth around 13k.. so this one with a Rebuilt Title is worth around 10K. only the oilpan was busted and scuffed up the bumper cover.. there was no motor damage or anything.. No airbag deployment, and no paint work has been done on the vehicle because it wasnt wrecked

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'd find it very hard to believe that an insurance company would decide to pay out $10-13K on a car that merely busted an oil pan and had nothing more than a few scratches on the front bumper. If that were the case, the insurance company would have just forked over the 1200 bucks it would take to repaint the bumper and add an oil pan...

I'm not trying to disagree with the fact that the car may run excellently, but from a dollars and cents standpoint, it doesn't add up...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.