VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've never driven/ridden in a car that has nitrous. However, tonight, I got the chance to drive a 2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra, it has a large supercharger on it that produces 390 hp/ft-lbs. It was amazing when the boost hit, it throws you right back in the seat. Like a roller coaster ride or something...
So, how does this feeling compare to a 75-shot or more of nitrous? Is it more definitive with the NO2 or about the same? I liked that with the S/C, the power was there...always, with the push of the pedal you were gone! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
Re: Feeling of a "supercharger" vs "nitrous" (VWjet)

That's one of the main differences. SC is ALWAYS there and you don't have to worry about blowing your engine up. There are a lot of people running NO2 reliably. But, for full power at all times, you simply can't beat the SC. The feeling is about the same, although I don't think you'll find many VWs with NO2, SC, or turbo putting out nearly as much torque as a Cobra.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Re: Feeling of a "supercharger" vs "nitrous" (VWjet)

I was fortunate enough to ride in a F150 Lightning last year and was blown away by the power. It had a few mods as well. The guy has pictures of blowing away new vettes! I couldn't understand why the hell Ford was not putting the supercharger on their Cobras... now they are:~) A guy that I work with just bought an '03 Cobra and gave me a ride in it about a month ago. Three words: "Oh" "My" "God" That thing pulls until you think you can't take it anymore!
Now if only they'd redo the exterior on the Mustangs... getting REALLY old and the top of the line Cobra is barely indistinguishable from the stock V6 piece of crap.

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Feeling of a "supercharger" vs "nitrous" (converted_vw)

so is the rush of nitrous a bit more dramatic than a supercharger? or is the "boost" felt in either about the same???

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Re: Feeling of a "supercharger" vs "nitrous" (1fastdub)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have the perfect solution!!!!!
How about a Supercharged VR6 with NO2.[HR][/HR]​
Soon to be posted...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.