VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the N75 Race today, even though I have an APR chip i should have gone with the J valve instead. After installing, took it for a spin and all i can say is WHOA!! Boost spools up a lot quicker!!! I need a boost gauge now, like real bad to see what i'm pushing. No surging at all, or i should say 'yet'. Hopefully there will be none, i'm real happy with the N75, should have got it a long time ago...

Oh and i also installed the Alientech window controller, real cool gadget... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Re: Feels like being chipped all over again....... (JJ2K1)

Quote, originally posted by JJ2K1 »
I installed the N75 Race today, even though I have an APR chip i should have gone with the J valve adget... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

curious to why you say that?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts

Glad someone reseaches this stuff http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Cant wait to go for a ride man.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts

yea, anyone on the east coast notice more boost surging now the spring/summer is here?? i had zero surging until it got closer to the summer.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts

There is no universal recommendation as to what N75 you should run. In reality, you should ditch the N75 and buy a MBC that is half the price, regardless of what chip you run. And yes, if you aren't using a MBC, boost levels will fluctuate with temps.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: Feels like being chipped all over again....... (Serena VWilliams)

Quote, originally posted by Serena VWilliams »
do u need to disconnect the battery before installing the N75?

definately not.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: Feels like being chipped all over again....... (Alienex)

Quote, originally posted by Alienex »
on garrets website they say get the J valve.

anyone know, i got like the original n75 race from ecs tuning a bit back....does anyone know which letter it is? J, H, C, etc.. is there a way to look at the n75 to tell?

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: Feels like being chipped all over again....... (VDUBNDizzy)

Quote, originally posted by VDUBNDizzy »
ECS N75 = H. Very similar to J.

i just put this ecs race valve back in, whatever version it is. i also have a giac chip, etc..
stock n75 had surging and a spike at 16 and hold at 14. the race n75 spiked me at 18 and held at 14. still not happy w/ it but at least it's a little quicker w/ no more surging.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: Feels like being chipped all over again....... (Grogthefrog)

That's why you need an MBC. More consistent from car to car and adjustable.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts

yea, or a decent shop to tune my car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i put my ecs n75 in about 1000 miles ago, and I have apr, going against what the common idealologies had to say, and i am more than happy with it, just goes to show nothing is set in stone

·
Registered
2,809 Posts

how do you adjust the mbc? with a boost guage? adjust till surging is gone?

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Yes

I just put my J-valve in my gf's 20th. She saw me beat the holy hell out of an Acura TL last night and was complaining about her car not being as fast. She can't afford to chip it yet, so I decided to pull my J valve and throw it in her car to see if it does anything.
Did a couple of test runs. Car definitely has a bit more kick to it, which is nice. Hard to tell really what's going on without a boost gauge though.
I had the ECS N75 H valve for a long time, it was great. I got the J valve and it was even better tho

MBCs are nice if you're into tuning and adjusting. If you just want a plug-n-play, try an H or J valve.
I have both because I'm

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: (Dude Wheres My Jetta)

Quote, originally posted by Dude Wheres My Jetta »

i wish i had a girlfriend like that. I would enjoy moddering her car as much as mine.. *virtual sigh*

weirdo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts