VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got in a car accident and i need a front left kw variant 1 coilover because it was bent in an accident... i contacted kw and they do not have any in stock and they are back ordered.. my car is almost out of the body shop and they said they cant get me a shock until the end of the month... and the body shop wont release the car until they get a good alignment with the new shock... i want my car back asap and dont want to pay the labor to put the stock suspension back on... I KNOW ITS A LONG SHOT... BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A FRONT LEFT KW VARIANT 1 COILOVER???? Help me!!!

· Registered
4,205 Posts
Re: Fellow Dubbers I need help! (ike bora)

Ok, this is a longshot and only in worst case and only brought up from lack of sleep but...
If worse comes to worse buy another set of coils, use the one you need to get the thing going. Then next month when you get your one shock you need from KW put it together with the 3 brand new ones you have and "sell" (also see return sorry retailers) the set.

· Registered
308 Posts
Re: Fellow Dubbers I need help! (white_r!ce)

Quote, originally posted by white_r!ce »
get a stock setup for cheap.
take the left spring. chop it. mount it. drive away. wait for kw. chuck the spring/shock away and put the kw back on

Exactly... or just go to a junkyard and pick one stocker up, then dial your other 3 coilovers to match it - it's not like alignment cares about dampening/compression/etcet.

· Registered
8,503 Posts
Re: Fellow Dubbers I need help! (Red Raevyn)

I will also agree with the advise above. It doesn't have to be a KW brand coilover if it's just temporary.
Just don't track the car and you'll be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.