VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for the better part of an hour and cant seem to find ayting about where you run the wires from the fusebox to the rain tray to the frame horn. I imagine i will have to cut a large hole. just want to make sure i dont put the hole in the wrong place and end up with a wet fuesebox lol

pic of my bay for clicks

· Registered
6,091 Posts
Re: fender wiring (MaxVW)

have you seen the shaved bay appreciation thread? search that and it might give you some more info on what you are looking for. i ran all mine through both frame rails and do not have a rain tray so my situation was a little different then yours

· Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: fender wiring (veedubman91)

yeah i searched that but there isnt much about the wiring in the whole thred. kinda surprised there isnt a sticky about tucking wiring.
Its seems i may actually just have to cut a hole and run the wires directly into the fender well and seal it really really well. I still feel skeptical about having the wires exposed to spray and road debris. could you imagine if you hit a peice of metal and it few up into the fender well and cut your harness lol

Modified by MaxVW at 10:32 AM 3-23-2010

· Registered
6,091 Posts
Re: fender wiring (MaxVW)

yeah i hear what you are saying, that is one of the reasons that i did not run mine through the fender, and i do not have any liners in there either so that was a big factor for me. there are not connections made inside my frame rails, just on either side, so if i had an issue with the connections i would not have to worry about taking it out, that and we ran a couple extra wires that are hidden "just incase" we needed them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.