VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I plan on hitting the lotto this year I am trying to decide which car to buy:
The Porsche is cheaper, and the performance is better, and its more tunable

but....

The Ferrari is a Ferrari...
What is a rich guy to do?
If you could only choose one of the other of just these two cars which would you pick and why?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Re: Ferrari 360 or Porsche 911 Turbo? (mmgti)

Quote, originally posted by mmgti »

The Porsche is cheaper,

remember, you are hitting the lotto.. why worry about getting something cheap ?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Ferrari 360 or Porsche 911 Turbo? (haydar)

Quote, originally posted by haydar »

remember, you are hitting the lotto.. why worry about getting something cheap ?

I'm a responsible millionaire what can I say

·
Registered
4,710 Posts

Ferrari. Why?
Quote, originally posted by mmgti »
The Ferrari is a Ferrari...

You said it all. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
13,720 Posts

The porsche would eat ait alive on any track more then likely and be more upgradeable but I'd have to have the Ferrari, it's my dream to one day own a Ferrari. But if I won the lotto I'd but a new 911 as a daily driver and a Ferrari for the weekend toy. Nothing screams I've made it like a Ferrari
Mike

·
Registered
38,608 Posts

i'd take the 996 Twin Turbo. the 996 is the best series of rear-engined Porsches made. the 996 TT is daily-driver reliable as well as being an amazing performer. it's a supercar you can count on to be as reliable as a commuter. my favourite story about them is when our friend was following us in his 996TT. i had my stripped-out scirocco 16V floored and was pegging the gas in 2nd gear up a smooth right-hand sweeper. i thought i was putting some space between us...
then i found out he was just waiting for me to get ahead a bit rather than stay glued to our bumper. the whole time he was in the bottom of 5th gear with his foot barely on the gas. man did that put things in perspective.

obin

·
Registered
492 Posts

Since both cars are probably capable beyond the limits that 95% of people are able to drive at IMHO it comes down to looks and "aura". The Modena wins that hands down.
When I see a new Porsche in traffic, even a turbo, it's like "Ooh, nice Porsche." Then I'm on my way. When I see a Ferrari of any kind, I turn off the stereo, roll down the window to hear it, drool, and then spend the next half hour daydreaming about it. There is nothing else like a Ferrari. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: Ferrari 360 or Porsche 911 Turbo? (Monkey Magic)

Quote, originally posted by Monkey Magic »
When I see a Ferrari of any kind, I turn off the stereo, roll down the window to hear it, drool, and then spend the next half hour daydreaming about it. There is nothing else like a Ferrari. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

just remember that when you park your Ferrari outside a movie theatre for 2 or 3 hours. you're not the ONLY one thinking "Wow, a Ferrari!" that's the side of exotic car ownership that sucks. it's known as "Porsche Paranoia" in Porsche circles, not sure what the Ferrari guys call it.

obin

·
Registered
4,418 Posts

996 Turbo. (I live down the road from Evolution Motorsports
)
Now if you had said 575M vs 996Turbo, the results would be different.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Re: Ferrari 360 or Porsche 911 Turbo? (Monkey Magic)

Quote, originally posted by Monkey Magic »

When I see a Ferrari of any kind, I turn off the stereo, roll down the window to hear it, drool, and then spend the next half hour daydreaming about it. There is nothing else like a Ferrari. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

funny. I saw a GT2 and did the same thing. I'm sure I would if I saw a turbo ..

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Re: (WhiteJettaMK3)

Quote, originally posted by WhiteJettaMK3 »
the porsche...does ne1 knwo the last time ferrari won le-mans? not a class win overall. no1 has won it more then porsche, its true.

valid point but look at the money Ferrari puts in Formula 1 and how many wins and championships they have. Its all in perspective

I'll take a seal gray turbo pls http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Re: Ferrari 360 or Porsche 911 Turbo? (Spaghetti_Part2)

Quote, originally posted by Spaghetti_Part2 »
Dr's buy porsches as status symbols
people with class buy ferrari's

and people with taste buy lambo's

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
porsche was in cart (not sure what it was but it was an american open wheel) for 1 season. then they changed the rules to out law the porsche engine cause it was so dominant. i have heard rumours that porsche is going to go after the F1 title. at thier new factory they built a track that mgiht b the sight of a new F1 race..plsu the new GT has a v10....idk jsut rumours

·
Registered
9,574 Posts
Re: Ferrari 360 or Porsche 911 Turbo? (AudiVwMeister)

Quote, originally posted by AudiVwMeister »

and people with taste buy lambo's

Hmm...that's funny...I've always been told the opposite

1 - 20 of 86 Posts