VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'd like to clean my filter but since I didn't install the cold air intake myself, I have no clue how to procede. Do I have to remove the whole housing or simply the tube?
Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Jeans Tire Automotive tire Leg Wheel

·
Registered
2019 GTI Autobahn Deep Black Pearl
166 Posts
Here's a video of the install:

Manual:

Unclamp the hose and pull it out. The filter is attached to it. You may have to pop off the box to get the space to pull the filter all the way out. It's held on by rubber grommets that pop onto posts. Some upward pressure should pop it off. I don't think you should have to remove the inlet part, but it's possible you may have to loosen it a little. It's just pressed up against the front of the air box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a video of the install:

Manual:

Unclamp the hose and pull it out. The filter is attached to it. You may have to pop off the box to get the space to pull the filter all the way out. It's held on by rubber grommets that pop onto posts. Some upward pressure should pop it off. I don't think you should have to remove the inlet part, but it's possible you may have to loosen it a little. It's just pressed up against the front of the air box.
Thank you Loophole64! I tried to unclam and pull it out but not hard enough. I'll try it out this we!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts