VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AmsOil tech support says there are two different oil filters for the 02 EV MV, one for an engine designated SFI AEX (LF 479) and a SFI AXK (LF533) which engine do I have and where can I find that info? Is there a Fram filter that would fit?
The K&N air filter is a 33-2759. Is that correct?
I can see that the owners manual doesnt really tell you much..My dealers OK, but I dont need to have him (her?) do every little thing..just the big things...

·
Registered
17,499 Posts
Re: Filters Oil and otherwise (biggrey)

Quote, originally posted by biggrey »
AmsOil tech support says there are two different oil filters for the 02 EV MV, one for an engine designated SFI AEX (LF 479) and a SFI AXK (LF533) which engine do I have and where can I find that info?

I suspect there's a typo there. Sure it isn't AES (not AEX) versus AXK?
The reason I say this is because there are two engine codes for the VR6 in the Eurovan. AES is the 12V version up thru the 2000 model year and AXK is the 24V version from 2001 forward.
If the two codes you're looking at are actually SFI AES and SFI AXK, I'm going to say that you need the one for SFI AXK since you have an '02.
(Not sure what the SFI means...don't think that's a VW code...?)

·
Registered
17,499 Posts
Re: Filters Oil and otherwise (gti_matt)

I'm now looking at their site and they're listing LF479 as the oil filter for both the AES and AXK engines but I'm pretty sure I've heard they should be different. And they have no listing for the 2003 for an oil filter but it should be the same as the '02. I think they're confused.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Filters Oil and otherwise (gti_matt)

Thanks. I was confused, still am actually, but thats a different post. I have noticed that there are not alot of aftermarket parts (well filters and such) available for VW's. It was like that when I had my fisrt VW (68 Squareback). You'd think there are more VWs now, so better parts availability....

·
Registered
17,499 Posts
Re: Filters Oil and otherwise (biggrey)

Quote, originally posted by biggrey »
I have noticed that there are not alot of aftermarket parts (well filters and such) available for VW's. It was like that when I had my fisrt VW (68 Squareback). You'd think there are more VWs now, so better parts availability....

There are lots of aftermarket parts and places for VWs, but the problem is that the Eurovan happens to be the model that's not one of them. The Eurovan was treated by VWoA like an ugly unwanted stepchild...never marketed well in North America, never got a nice full range of engines and equipment like overseas, etc., and was even totally absent in our market from 1994-1998 (except in camper form) But that's another story.
For the Eurovan there are about a half dozen places in the US online where you can get stuff but that's about it and of those places the parts ranges are a bit limited. Otherwise you have to look at European aftermarket sites. Be sure in your searches on overseas sites to not look at "Eurovan", but instead look at "T4" in combination with the keywords "Transporter" or "Caravelle" or "Multivan".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts