VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i traded up my mk4 Golf for one of these ------>

Well, I loved my 2002 2.0 Golf. It was a great car and in just 2 years of ownership I piled on 53,000 miles.
But at the end of the day, every day, it was just too dang slow. I actually love the 4-doors, too. If only i could have gotten a 4-door 1.8T i would never have wanted to sell it. But. . . .
VW offered me 0% financing for 72 months on a brand new GTI. The numbers worked out to a deal I couldn't resist. GTI 1.8T, 5sp, silverstone, luxury pkg, cold weather pkg, black sport cloth. I absolutely love it. The silverstone paint makes it look like a shark.
I'll say this, the photos of the new 15-spoke 17" wheels did not impress me and I really wished I could have had the LB's of Monte's, but once they actually got the car in at the dealership and I saw these wheels in person I was very impressed. I don't think they photograph well, btu they look great in the alloy. From a distance they look really big, too. You have to do a double take to make sure they aren't R32/20ae rims. Besides, when I think about it, I see tons of GTIs, GLIs, and Jettas with LB's and Montes, i have yet to see one on the road with the new 04 rims. So it's nice to stand a pout a little.

Anyway, it feels so good to finally have a 1.8T

Introducing The GRAVITYMACHINE

and here's to the old car

May her new owner take her to the same nice gas stations and use the same quality synthetic oil I did. . .

Modified by gravitymachine at 7:51 AM 5-20-2004

Modified by gravitymachine at 8:29 AM 5-20-2004

Modified by gravitymachine at 4:18 PM 5-20-2004

Modified by gravitymachine at 4:19 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Re: Finally - A proud 20V GTI owner!!! Come see -----> (gravitymachine)

Congrats. I have the same car. I've had a number of different people ask me my wheels were the 18'' aristos.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Finally - A proud 20V GTI owner!!! Come see -----> (pschmerg)

yeah, i don't know what VW was thinking by making 17"s wheels that are almost identical to the 18". It sorta devalues the bigger OZ's.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: Finally - A proud 20V GTI owner!!! Come see -----> (pschmerg)

Quote, originally posted by pschmerg »
Congrats. I have the same car. I've had a number of different people ask me my wheels were the 18'' aristos.

same here but i actually thought they might be aristos in some rare 17" form (which i now know they are not) --but what are they called in the sad event they need to be replaced?
does anyone know?

·
Registered
10,988 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gravitymachine »
yeah, i don't know what VW was thinking by making 17"s wheels that are almost identical to the 18". It sorta devalues the bigger OZ's.

I wouldn't worry about my wheels....
I don't think anyone will mistake these for 17's

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Finally - A proud 20V GTI owner!!! Come see -----> (VTECeateR)

yeah yeah yeah. I know it, the OZ's are much nicer. Any texer would spot the difference in a heartbeat, but the average onlooker who really wouldn't know the difference - thus, not seeing hte value of a larger wheel.
it's not that important anyway. I was jsut thinking out loud. . . er, thinking out typed?
didn't mean to insult OZ aristo owners.

·
Registered
10,988 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gravitymachine »
yeah yeah yeah. I know it, the OZ's are much nicer. Any texer would spot the difference in a heartbeat, but the average onlooker who really wouldn't know the difference - thus, not seeing hte value of a larger wheel.
it's not that important anyway. I was jsut thinking out loud. . . er, thinking out typed?
didn't mean to insult OZ aristo owners.

No problemo, man. I think they are sweet OE wheels. It's way better than the Long Beaches for the GTI. I find it funny that the dealer denies any problems with the Monte Carlo wheels, yet no VW has them anymore...
Congrats on the purchase, now drop that thing!!!!

·
Registered
3,818 Posts

Quote, originally posted by VTECeateR »

I find it funny that the dealer denies any problems with the Monte Carlo wheels, yet no VW has them anymore...

so true....

·
Registered
563 Posts
Re: Finally - A proud 20V GTI owner!!! Come see -----> (Sealab2k21)

Nice ride--but did u get it for 72 months/6 years--if so man that is a long time---cheers though

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Finally - A proud 20V GTI owner!!! Come see -----> (Coolcrush)

Quote, originally posted by Coolcrush »
Nice ride--but did u get it for 72 months/6 years--if so man that is a long time---cheers though

i did indeed. . . . but i can easily afford to pay it off in less than 5. but this way i have some room if my financial situation changes. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
beside,s i paln to run the wheels off this car. i was ocmpeltely satisfied with my golf except for hte speed. if it was a 1.8T i would have driven it into the ground. so, now i am ready to do that with this car. . . . i hope.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Re: Well, i traded up my mk4 Golf for one of these ------> (gravitymachine)

I really like that color. I like the last pic too. Shes saying good by looking into the sunset.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Well, i traded up my mk4 Golf for one of these ------> (TeknoGTI)

yeah, the last couple nights i drove the old 2.0L car her she felt so peppy. it's like an old dog that knows it's going to the vet for that one. . . .last. . . time.

i think she knew it was time, but she had to at least try her darndest. i honestly reasoned with the car, "look old firend, it's not you. It's me. you're a great car, but i jsut need one that's faster. I cna't help the way I am . . oh, no, don't. don't cry. . . "
we had some good times.

Modified by gravitymachine at 4:20 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: Well, i traded up my mk4 Golf for one of these ------> (gravitymachine)

Here's to the old girl with my old wheels

Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the wonderful world of the 1.8T

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

Quote, originally posted by VTECeateR »

I wouldn't worry about my wheels....
I don't think anyone will mistake these for 17's

Little full of ourself?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts