VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, as you know I have a Imola Yellow/green 20th.
The paint is pretty horrible on my front and rear bumper, and on my gas tank.
My body shop that does my dad's benz's is doing it for me. VW will prob. have me go to some horible shop, but I am going to INSIST that the let me go to the body shop of my choice, because the people that do the work for VW suck http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
Anyway total it comes out to $1477.92
Any thoughts?
thanx
takeLUCK
Rich

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Finally Gonna get my car reapinted! (blackmagic3393)

well I've always been upset about it, but never really was persistent.
However, today i was driving home rather pissed off about other things, and I drove by my dealership, swung in and told them that I am sick of this from VW. A brand new car shouldn't be having these problems.
They just said "yes sir"
It was really easy, they are going to call the rep from thre southeast
hope you all get what you need
Rich

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: Finally Gonna get my car reapinted! (Djmanrc)

Congrat dude! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Mine is in the paint shop right now. They are repainting the whole front end of the car (hood, fenders, bumber and front skirt).
They are installing the 3M bra at the same time. I also bought an extra length of that stuff. I'll put some on the fenders and front skirt.
Can't wait to see the result!

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
so you don't have the approval from the Rep yet? Don't count you chickens before they hatch...VW does not just go around giving away free paint jobs...sorry to burst your bubble. I'm guessing you will have a little fight on your hands to get it done. But then again maybe VWoA will prove me wrong and the many others that they have said NO to and do it for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,717 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Djmanrc »
My body shop that does my dad's benz's is doing it for me. VW will prob. have me go to some horible shop, but I am going to INSIST that the let me go to the body shop of my choice, because the people that do the work for VW suck http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
Any thoughts?
thanx
takeLUCK
Rich

What do you mean "the paint is horrible"?? What's wrong with the paint? Almost 13,000 miles of daily driving (including winter driving) and my paint is still like new. I have a few rock chips but that's to be expected. If you want the paint to last you need to take care of it as with ANY new car.

·
Registered
2021 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2003 Porsche 911 C4S, 1982 VW Rabbit
7,261 Posts
Re: Finally Gonna get my car reapinted! (Uberhare)

Quote, originally posted by Uberhare »

What do you mean "the paint is horrible"?? What's wrong with the paint? Almost 13,000 miles of daily driving (including winter driving) and my paint is still like new. I have a few rock chips but that's to be expected. If you want the paint to last you need to take care of it as with ANY new car.

It really depends if he used any car wash chemicals that were too harsh for the paint...we have no idea, you know? It's like the people that had the Wolfie rims pit badly...what were they using on them?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Djmanrc »
Any thoughts?
thanx
takeLUCK
Rich

How is the paint bad on your gas tank?
And what is so horrible about your paint. Pics would help.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Re: Finally Gonna get my car reapinted! (Uberhare)

Quote, originally posted by Uberhare »
What do you mean "the paint is horrible"?? What's wrong with the paint? Almost 13,000 miles of daily driving (including winter driving) and my paint is still like new

I think this is mostly an Imola issue. The paint on my BMP is beautiful and nearly flawless http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Re: Finally Gonna get my car reapinted! (Galvatron)

*nod*
My BMP is sweet. I've got one or two minor rock chips on my hood but they're my own fault for following too close. Stay back and let traffic take its toll... and your paint will be good as new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts