VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after buying my weitec xs coils in april, i finallly got around to having them installed. installation costed me an arm and leg but oh well. ride is perfect for me, its really tight, and the car really sticks to the road (which can be bouncy at times but eh)
anyway, i have no other 1500 dollar coilover kit to compare these too so im in love with them for now.
before:

now:

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Alkyoneus)

oh yeah i plan to go much lower too, i have abour 3 inches of clearanceo on the sway, about 2 inches on my exhaust, and lots of wheel gap to eliminate, just havent adjusted them yet
(This is the height my mechanic set them too)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: (OhFourVeeDub)

Quote, originally posted by OhFourVeeDub »
looks nice but it defintely needs to be lower

there is never satisfaction on vortex
i think it looks a million times better
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (VDUBRACER187)

installatin was 375!! and this is why
i supplied him with Noah's DIY (great informative diy) so i figured he'd def be good as he is experienced with vw and aftermarket suspension
he calls me around 1 today and said that he put the helper spring on the bottom below the main spring because it was assembled wrong prior to being installed
i was like no way man i called weitec and they said theybe been doing it for the past 2 years like that
hes like oh well do u want me to put it back the other way
im like YEAHHHH
so it took him 1.5-2 hrs doing that so i got charged another 120 bucks.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (SAVwKO)

the kamei was put on by the guy who had the car before me
i hated it

i want to get a bonrath badgless but cant find them for sale anywwhere
ill take a jom badgless but dont know if i like that extra flap

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (1goodguy)

i meant it as in i have never ridden in one of those 1500 coil systems like h&r and bilstein and k2 and those (i konw its an exaggeration)
so in other words, these seem aweseome to me. i spent 850 shipped

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.