VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally Got my Dub

Finally got my Golf! It is a 2.slow but I love the feel of it so far. It seems like 1st gear is kinda weak(torquewise) but when I shift into 2nd it starts pulling a little harder and so on up the gears, makes me feel happy inside
. The performance is amazing compared to my 1.5L mirage. The other day I was stepping on it on the highway a little w the vw cuz this jerk was riding my ass and before I knew it I was doing 110
, had to tone it down so I didnt get busted but it got there in good time from the feel. The previous owner did cat-back exhaust, K&N filter, looks like he cut the air box up a little to get that K&N a little more air, and he lowered it.
I will be adding a turbo, just gotta collect the funds. I know everyone loves piecing turbos together but I like the Kinetic stage 2 because it appears to be fairly bolt on and I have talked to a lot of you in the forum about the more intricate details and I briefly discussed some things with the Kinetic tech. Seems like a good choice for me. Anyone know where I can get one of these turbo kits and save a buck or two by chance?
Also, if the motor is predominantly stock, what can i safely push for RPMs? I am not going to drive it stupid and blow my motor, I just want to push it a little to see what it's capable of. I will barely ever be pushing it past 4500 with everyday driving.
I wish I knew how this car was supposed to feel so I could figure out if anything else was done that I can't see from the outside.

Modified by K2dutch at 8:59 PM 2-4-2007

Modified by K2dutch at 9:03 PM 2-4-2007

Modified by K2dutch at 9:14 PM 2-4-2007

Modified by K2dutch at 9:41 PM 2-4-2007

· Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (mkIIIcutiewithabooty)

I am gonna assume you think I am a jackass for asking this question...I am not an ignorant fool who wants to blow his motor by any account, it was a simple question I am asking from your experiences out of curiosity.

Modified by K2dutch at 9:23 PM 2-4-2007

Modified by K2dutch at 9:44 PM 2-4-2007

· Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (sc_Jetta)

I dunno if you guys are mocking me, its just a question of performance and what this motor is capable of without being worried. I am not going to push it to 6500 in everyday driving, I just want to know what you all consider safe if I want to step on it a little once in a while.

Modified by K2dutch at 9:43 PM 2-4-2007

· Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (vwandabmw)

Well that's why I am wondering if the previous owner did any other mods that I just can't see. I am gonna go to a VW meet and see if I can find someone with a similar setup and give me a ride. I am curious if the previous owner put a cam upgrade in or something. I don't see any pulley upgrades in there. I feel like it has really above average torque on the high end because it has really excellent pickup unless I just am not used to it...

Modified by K2dutch at 9:49 PM 2-4-2007

· Registered
2,596 Posts
Re: (vwandabmw)

Quote, originally posted by vwandabmw »
I have had my golf for around 2 -3 weeks now, but get to 110 remotely quickly? It takes forever just to get to 65...
They are fun little cars though

ya right! tehre like supa mega fast

· Registered
1,319 Posts
When my coil pack and ignition wires were shot and my car was running on 3 cylinders in the rain I had to drive it home in first gear at 6k rpm for about a mile. Its been 30k miles since then and still perfect.

· Registered
3,191 Posts
Re: Finally Got my Dub (K2dutch)

Hey congrats man. Sry i was never able to give you a ride in my car. If u im me ahead of time next time you go to a meet maybe i can do something for ya. You car can c 4500 rpms on a day to day basis 5 if need be and 6 if your in a rush to get somewhere lol. The 2.0 is a robust motor but it doesn't mean beat the crap out of it. It goes through the same wear and tear any other motor would.I personally like doing a 2500-3000 rpm shift for daily driving. If i need that little extra umph i will take it to 3500-4000 and then shift. This held true for my car when it was chipped and even now with the charger. AFAIK they way you describe your car it could be possibly chipped. If not then u are just coming from a really slow car. If you want to know what a chip is like i got my TT one sitting around now and we can c if your car will take it and toss it in for a bit to c how you like it. I'll cut u a deal on it if you like it. Again man congrats and lets see some pictures.

· Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Finally Got my Dub (Aali1011)

Just sent you an im Aali. But yeah, I am wondering if it's chipped. If we can catch up on the pike some time soon, I would be interested in trying the TT chip out unless we decide it already is chipped with something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.