VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've seen one base on the lot and one driving down the road - both white. Really want to see some more colours in real life to help me with my purchasing decision lol.

As far as the Richmond wheels go - they're good for the winter set up.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't see why everyone else is hating on the Richmonds, I like them a lot. But then I've always liked directional wheels.

If anyone has 17" Richmonds for sale, LMK.
I don't hate them at all, which is why I'd keep them for winter. There have and are much, much, much worse OEM VW rims out there - like the current ones on the R and the Belvedere's on the Mk7 GTIs.

If I were to order an Autobahn trim with the sunroof/wheel package, I'd actually request keeping the 18" Richmonds instead of the 19" Adelaides as they'd come off for some aftermarket wheels regardless.

·
Registered
498 Posts
That's the boat I'm in. I have an Autobahn with the sunroof/wheel package and fast-wearing summer tires with a very low profile on a non-DCC car scares me. I want to enjoy driving my car, not dodging potholes which is why I think I'll swap my Adelaides for Richmonds (18").
I'm contemplating getting aftermarket 19s, maybe Pretoria's like my R. Vancouver isn't that bad for potholes, at least compared to the Okanagan - but you do have to be mindful when driving into driveways or parking lots and they have that curb/sidewalk lip - it does get stressful, 19s undoubtedly look great on a car, just a question if its worth the extra stress and money lol.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well, if anyone wants OEM rims with a bit of flair, there's always these:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts