VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got my koni coils on, heres the before and after pic.
i think there all the way down, handling is great but feels bouncy when i hit small bumps on the road. i may need to adjust the firmness and there is sum rubbing in the front only on uneven surfaces though.

Modified by ta1ent at 1:44 PM 4-3-2007

Modified by ta1ent at 3:47 PM 2-24-2010

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (CarNut84GTi)

how do i adjust the firmness in the rear? kinda confused too on how much to adjust on the front, i turned it 1 full circle on both sides, but still feels a bit bouncy at times. any thoughts?

Modified by ta1ent at 7:26 PM 4-4-2007

·
Registered
31,315 Posts
Re: (ta1ent)

Quote, originally posted by ta1ent »
how do i adjust the firmness in the rear? kinda confused too on how much to adjust on the front, i turned it 1 full circle on both sides, but still feels a bit bouncy at times. any thoughts?

Modified by ta1ent at 7:26 PM 4-4-2007

To adjust the rear, the shock must be removed. Once out fully compress the shock, you'll hear it click once fully compressed. Then turn the shaft to adjust the firmness.
On the front, did you firm them up or soften them? if it feels a bit bouncy you may want to firm them up a lil.

·
Registered
31,315 Posts
Re: (ta1ent)

Quote, originally posted by ta1ent »
so for the rear take out the shock and push it all the way down right then turn?

Correct, completely compress the shaft in the housing. You should hear it click. You'll know if you adjusted it or not as it will feel either easier or harder to pull back out

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.