VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, these pics are horrible, I took them with my iPhone... I just wanted to share my excitement... I've been working on this car for a long time (Far too long) and it is now idling. Now to get the damn brakes working (been through 3 Meyle 22mm master cylinders: GARBAGE!) so that I can begin to attempt tuning the damn thing. I'll take nice pics once the thing is cleaned up and the "cosmetics" are put together

· Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: FINALLY!! It runs :) (HomeSlice989)

Thanks, at some point I'll get better pics of that for you... there's a lot to it that you can't see in those shi77y pics...

If anyone has a lead for me... I'm looking for a black hatch and a black front bumper .... I've got stuff I can paint, but I'd rather wait to paint the whole car.....
let me know! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
893 Posts
Out of curiosity....do you happen to work on aircraft or have a hook-up on parts with someone that does?
That orange line on top of the engine looks identical to the engine drain lines on the
CH-46E helicopters I used to work on. I used to get braided hoses for nothing from our airframes shop too.

· Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (sholford)

actually I do work with companies that manufacture aircraft ... The company that I work for invented a non contact thread inspection system that has an accuracy of .000005". We just designed a system specifically for the h53 main rotor head and tail rudder spindles...
The orange lines are I believe made by aeroquip... Same stuff on the helicopters... It is made in just about any an sizebi can getnyou some ifnyou need it

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.