VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, my first Tesla P car! TFL, Hands UP!

Well not a Porsche but faster than most. On Monday, I picked up a Sleeper Performance Model 3. I’ve named it Sleeper Performance because it does not come with the big wheels, brakes, and tires that signal it’s 0-60 in 3.2 second times. This was a smoking deal Tesla had for a limited time where they produced a batch of them without the big hardwire for only $49,990. Some might still be out there.

The Deal for TFL:

Some might right remember that 12 weeks ago, I picked up a standard range Model 3. Thread can be found here. 8 weeks into blissful ownership, some lady ran into me. Damage was minor requiring a new bumper. While I was figuring out getting it fixed 3 hours away, I needed to call Tesla and get trade in values for a diminished value claim against the insurance company. Well Tesla offered me more than I paid for the car! I paid $37,500 but subtract $3750 from the tax credit and $1500 from my utility and it comes to $32,250. Initially they offered $36,800. I came clean and told them it had a minor bump, so they lowered the offer to $34,300. When my advisor saw the pics, he even said I should have never said anything so damn, I lost $2500 for talking. Add in the $1,000 insurance paid out so I walked out with $35,300 for a car I paid $32,250. Vermont will refund the tax you paid for the car up to $34,300 in my case.

At the same time all this was happening, the Performance Model 3 went from $61k, to $55k, and then to $50k 24 hours later. So, take that $49,990 + 1200 for delivery minus a $1875 tax credit, and another $1500 from my generous utility, minus the $2,826 profit (with the tax loss) from the first Model 3, my new P car comes out to $44,899. Killer

My hypothesis, like the other car, is that this will hold value fairly well in the short term allowing for another exchange without eating too much depreciation. I theorize trade in value will be over $39,500 18 months from now putting me at under $350 a month real cost. Then I'd get a Model Y.

The Feels:

I left the showroom and hit the highway home not really messing with it. 10 miles in I stopped at a rest area to enable Autopilot in the menu while in Park. Then I did a standing start run. OMFG, is it fast. It genuinely hurts my head and blurs my vision. I am not kidding. Like what the fukc. This is so much car for the money. Its too much power for these base tires too. I’m just stunned. Its almost breathtaking the way it picks up speed. How do people handle anything even quicker?

Outside of the pure power, I finally have the good sound system, AP, sat maps, streaming music. The car feels complete and I’m thrilled.

The badge and this is the only way to know its a Performance trim.

·
Registered
2015 STi & 2016 Golf R
39,715 Posts
"Finally, my first P car!"

*clicks*

Oh **** you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
45,357 Posts
404 Thread Fail; No Porsche Found! :thumbdown: :D

·
Registered
45,357 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
That's ok, I fooled TCL into thinking I bought an NSX once :laugh:

Nice car, nice purchase!

·
Registered
34,785 Posts
Congrats on your new car. Also, welcome to posting anything as not Uber Wagen relating to Teslas and getting boo'd for it. :laugh: Good looking car though, that's probably how I'd do it if I were in the market for such a thing today.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Sweet car - I want a white on white myself!

OMFG, is it fast. It genuinely hurts my head and blurs my vision. I am not kidding. Like what the fukc. This is so much car for the money. Its too much power for these base tires too. I’m just stunned. Its almost breathtaking the way it picks up speed. How do people handle anything even quicker?
I felt the same way after trying out a P100D. I quickly came to the realization that I really do not need 0-60 in the 2's in my life - 4 seconds is fast enough for me.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
It Looks Like A 2007 Mazda 6 With Ugly Wheels!

If you need proof that EVs aren't hot unless they catch fire in your garage, this thread is your proof.

You have to lie about it to get people to show up! Boo!

·
Registered
34,262 Posts
Congrats! Still ugly though, no matter how fast it is. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
'20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,465 Posts
Imma let the click bait title pass because that’s a sweet ass car for a great price. ;) :)

Looking forward to how it does for you this winter.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Only in the wild wacky world of TCL would a fender bender turn into profiting and a new car in the end. :laugh::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts