VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the topic states, my surging is finally gone. I don't know how or why, but it is. My mods are in my sig. After I put on my catback there seemed to be less surging, then today I removed the plastic air duct behind my headlight to let more air to the intake. I drove for 20 mile and no surging. All I know is that it was definatly there before and, at least for now, its gone.

Oh, and I know this post probably won't help anyone but I'm so happy to get ride of the surging I had to post something.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Finally, my surging is gone. (Bengti)

Just thought of this today. I had the battery disconnected for about 1/2 hour when removing the air duct. Could that have reset the ecu and helped my surging?
I would drive it more today but it's raining outside.

·
Registered
478 Posts

whatever you did you are one lucky mofo!
i want to stop suring too!
lol.. anyway its good to know some of us are out of hell. i will be surge free soon too so i might as well post too and make some vdubs jelous.. lol..

·
Registered
69 Posts

Bengti,
Actually, I'd say yes you may be correct that the disconnection of the battery and resetting of your ecu might have eliminated your surge. It's my experience, that whenever I swap the n75 valve from "f" to "c" or back again, initially, there is no surging. But it always eventually comes back to some degree. Also, whenever you are first chipped, the surging doesn't usually seem to exist. It seems as though each time the ecu has to re-learn the "fuel mapping" for whatever reason, the surging isn't there. Just good strong smooth boost. Anyway, I *think* the ecus n75 has finally ... maybe permanently smoothed out my boost. Hopefully your surge will be gone for good, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back after like a week. But what do i know? just a guess.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts