VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
S2000, G70 6MT, i3 REX, Odyssey Touring Elite
16,748 Posts
Re: Finally, Pics of my car. (Rennwagen)

Wow, a small picture of a mostly stock Jetta! I'm floored!
What are you getting next?
-Nick

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
Re: Finally, Pics of my car. (GTI 20v)

Quote, originally posted by GTI 20v »
Wow, a small picture of a mostly stock Jetta! I'm floored!
What are you getting next?
-Nick

First the Initial D thread and now this... Where's this animosity coming from? Someone's a little cranky this morning
Rennwagen: Now that I know what the car looks like, I'll be on the lookout for you

·
Registered
S2000, G70 6MT, i3 REX, Odyssey Touring Elite
16,748 Posts
Re: Finally, Pics of my car. (UNBANNED_GERBIL)

So you're saying I should be floored by this pic? Ok. I mean, my car doesn't look any better but I'm not posting threads about it.
And yes, I am cranky.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (BoraHead)

What's up with all these cranky people in the Car Lounge?
I think my car is real purdy and super clean. I've been a regular in the lounge for over three years, and thought I'd share the first pics of my car with people who I've been, "conversing" with for that long.
Not a fan? That's cool. And, yeah, it is mostly stock. The car looks as if it could have come from the factory this way - and that's what I intended. I've driven super low, super stiff, super loud cars but they break, they're tough to live with and your girlfriend gets bored with the ride.
The mods were also kept at a minimum because I've modded enough cars to know that very few companies engineer parts better than the manufacturer. Essentially, I took a Wolfsburg, and polished it until it shined.
By the way, its a Yakima - far cooler!

Modified by Rennwagen at 11:14 AM 5-8-2003

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Re: Finally, Pics of my car. (UNBANNED_GERBIL)

Quote, originally posted by UNBANNED_GERBIL »

Back to the MKIV forums with you

I have to agree with the "back to the MKIV forums" guy. Posting a picture of a "mostly stock" stock Jetta is just as exciting as me posting a picture of my white stock '93 eurovan. Whooptie freaking doo. There is nothing special about the look of your car. I see oodles of galactic blue jettas with tinted windows and roof racks around my school. Therefore, there is no point to what I am saying other than if you are trying to show how unique you are, then

But hey, your car still looks great! Just don't post thinking that we are going to be "wowed" by how different your car is. It is as we all know... still a jetta.

Modified by vw_ev73 at 7:40 PM 5-8-2003

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Re: Finally, Pics of my car. (Rennwagen)

Nice color, very clean car.
It shows that you are from the States. No one here would drive around with a roof rack on a daily basis, it´s really a fuel economy killer.

Modified by Eolair at 11:42 AM 5-8-2003

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Re: Finally, Pics of my car. (Eolair)

Based on some of the answers I got in my thread, I'd say the MKIVer's are out in force today.
Sweet car, love the simplicity of it. You get big props from me. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Re: (Rennwagen)

Nice, clean jetta http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
The critics are the kind of people who like to see thread titles as, "check out my slammed, BOSER BLICK, OEM HID, BOV golf/GTI/JETTA", pay no attention and keep up the good work!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Re: Finally, Pics of my car. (Eolair)

Quote, originally posted by Eolair »
Nice color, very clean car.
It shows that you are from the States. No one here would drive around with a roof rack on a daily basis, it´s really a fuel economy killer.
Modified by Eolair at 11:42 AM 5-8-2003

hehe, I was just thinking about that.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Re: Finally, Pics of my car. (vw_ev73)

Quote »
So you're saying I should be floored by this pic? Ok. I mean, my car doesn't look any better but I'm not posting threads about it.

isn't project MKIV Golf a multi-part article about transforming a Golf for better performance with maintaining a sleeper exterior? that's got multiple installments...go b*tch about that if what you posted is really how you feel...all this guy did was post a pic of a clean Jetta w/ tasteful wheels and a functional drop. oh, and a nice roof rack... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.