VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after much debate, I finally replaced the door lock module in my Jetta because, like many of us, the switch in the door went out...causing many annoying things to occur such as
- door chime went out (no big deal)
- door alarm and key remote acted strange...to lock doors, i had to unlock them, then lock them a second time.
- door light went out.

well, it wasn't that hard to fix actually thanks to a thread posted by VgRt6 (great DIY, best Ive seen). Anyways, ill just add a little to the end of his DIY on replacing the door lock module
first follow these steps... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1015107
you might need a rivet gun along with 4mm rivets (available at Home Depot) if your module is connected with a rivet.
1. Once you have the panel off with the module connected, drill out, or simply use pliers to remove the 4mm rivet connecting the module do the panel.
2. Disconnect the two wires (door lock pin, and door lock wire) from the old module, then replace them to the new module.
3. Fix the module back to the panel using a single 4mm rivet (only if the original module was affixed with a rivet.
4. After this...follow the instructions in VgRt6 DIY to replace the panel back.
Total took about 3 hours, but could be done faster. Definitely worth the effort, the part cost $120 from the VW dealership. Let me know if i can help anyone with this, and thanks again to VgRt6 for his great DIY...(hope you don't mind i used this
)

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: finally replaced door lock module... DIY as follows (VgRt6)

The part number for the drivers side is 3B1 837 015 AK
Also, just a quick note...might want to add something (only if you are not planning on replacing the window clips) about taking the screw out. It saves a little time and effort if you just loosen the screws that secure the windows in instead of taking them out...just saves a little time and frustration if the area you are working in is dark. Thanks again for the help, let me know if you have any questions when you replace yours

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Re: finally replaced door lock module... DIY as follows (santos.)

wow, that really sucks! but now worries...itl all be fixed after the $100 lock comes, and you spend a few hours in the garage! let me know how it goes or if you need any help with anything...good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.