VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after super irritating bolts and spacers that refused to come off conventionally, I finally got my new FK HighTEC 60/40 kit installed this morning.
Thank god, no more WHEEL GAP

Here's the before pic.....

and now the AFTER pics
I couldn't find a Red Bull can to save my life, I checked 2 7/11s and a mac's no friggin luck but I had this regular can in my cupholder so I used it for comparison. The Eurospoiler is resting on the top of the can in the picture, I actually had to jam the can underneath....

Here's a dorky pic of me that my brother took when I visted him at school, all his 16 year old friends were drooling over my car lol
I havent' shaved in 3 days, haven't showered since the install this morning and I'm wearing my greasy shop clothes. I'm not even wearing my contacts and sunglasses which I ALWAYS wear..... Can you tell I was eager to get out and wash the car so I could take pics???

Can pics...

random pics at the car wash...

One finger gap in the rear (i might put it up one perch on the rear once the front settles to get more rake)

Two fingers in the front untill it settles, my buddies car settled almost 2 finger after a week or so

Overall it's been an awesome week!!! If you missed my other smaller mods this week, here's a quick recap
Foliatec shift surround courtesy of http://www.c1vw.com...

White gauge faces and orange needles, made the gauges myself for $5

I even got my free Neuspeed front strut bar installed, yes I know my engine bay is filthy (much thanks to A3GTIVR6 for his generous donation
) Not a big NOSPEED fan, but hey it was free, was I going to argue?? Also pics of my Canadian OEM rear tie bar installed again

Plans for the rest of the day are to CLEAN UP THE ENGINE BAY
, change out windshield wipers to non gay chromed ones..... (notice the ugly windshield banner if finally gone
) Swiss cheese my air box, possibly install hood lifts, and fix rusted areas on rear tri-window dividers....

[Modified by neildorin, 8:05 PM 3-17-2003]

[Modified by neildorin, 8:06 PM 3-17-2003]

[Modified by neildorin, 8:07 PM 3-17-2003]

[Modified by neildorin, 8:08 PM 3-17-2003]

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Finally, the FK kit is on!!!! (corduroy79)

FREE!!! came on my car, but i had it off cause i usually have the seats folded down with all my bass crap in the back of the car. Ask A3GTIVR6, he got one and installed it on his US VR6

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Finally, the FK kit is on!!!! (mk3gti97)

lol, you're telling me, it took 3 days to get the damned kit on because of all the friggin trouble i had.... My airgun comes in tomorrow and I'm going to give it a couple more days to settle fully before I get the alignment done. Right now it pulls right pretty good and the top of the wheel points to about 10:30 when I'm driving straight

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Re: Finally, the FK kit is on!!!! (mk3gti97)

nice drop, your next mod should be...making it lower !

i like your wheels a lot too http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by eggman95, 3:16 PM 3-17-2003]

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Finally, the FK kit is on!!!! (eggman95)

quote:[HR][/HR]nice drop, your next mod should be...making it lower !
[HR][/HR]​
lol, how bout rear swaybar instead... I don't want it any lower, I was scraping all over the place today and it hasn't even settled. It rides AWESOME so far, I haven't really hit the twisties yet, but there has been ZERO body roll so far, and no rollback on acceleration either. I need to get the mudguards off eventually, but it's been so dirty and slushy around here, i don't really want to. they only scrape on speedbumps anyway.....

·
Registered
900 Posts
Re: Finally, the FK kit is on!!!! (eggman95)

you can get the rear strut bar in america for free. On a3 gtis there is nothing to
secure the new style carseats for kids with the tethers. Call your local dealership and see if they will "retrofit" your car. My factory rep , I work at a dealership, allows us to retrofit these cars. So basically you are getting the strut bar, errr child seat brace parts and labor for free!!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Finally, the FK kit is on!!!! (bigmike101)

wow, i didn't know that. Almost makes you think that the stealerships are getting soft........

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Finally, the FK kit is on!!!! (PedroPauloDiniz)

yeah the 14s are my winter rims....I'm gonna throw on 16s with some dish in the spring and the mudguards will eventually come off.....

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Finally, the FK kit is on!!!! (UglyDubling)

the front hasn't settled yet and it's on the 2nd highest perch out of 7 on the rear...
I also have a 1.8 so there ain't exactly a whole lot of weight compressing the springs..... when the VR goes in it will be MUCH better

·
Registered
900 Posts

ooops tell them to reference group 69 number 95-05
which is the original bulletin for the child seats. I just got off the phone with VW warranty and they will pay parts and labor for the install!!! Now the Jettas dont get one because they attach to the rear deck , but the GTIs do!!!!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

bump

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Re: Finally, the FK kit is on!!!! (neildorin)

looks good. it will definatly settle. my weitec 60/40 did, i cant really get 1 finger in the front unless i bend it a bit. i have the old style mounts too, donnow what you have. anyway, congrats on finally gettin it in.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Finally, the FK kit is on!!!! (AaronD)

I have the VR6 style mounts so that makes it a little higher, but I expect it to settle at least 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Anyway, I've been driving around all day and it feels awesome

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.