VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally finished my exhaust and it feels great. The guy did mint welds, he's been in the same shop 20 years down here in fl. I started with the 3" Ebay DP for $120 then the guy finished the rest for $450. Pulls great on the highway and feels wicked smooth now. I only have one problem, I just put in the samco TIP last week and it pulled hard and held boost strong for like a week. All of the sudden the boost started surging from 20 to 10 LBS and back to 20 again
I was wondering if anyone had some tips. I searched but I only found one topic and it was useless.
Thanks for the help, later.

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Re: Finished 3" custom magnaflow turboback today (GermanJB20th)

Hey do you have any more information about your setup?... I live near Ft. Lauderdale, and im looking to get a catback installed.. what shop did you go to? And do you have any pictures?.. thanks alot

· Banned
9,393 Posts
Re: Finished 3" custom magnaflow turboback today (Desiboi)

As for the Samco TIP causing boost issues... do a log of block 115... I have heard of very very isolated cases of the samco TIP colapsing under boost (as odd as this sounds)...
I would log 115 and 002 to watch MAF and requested vs. actual boost..... also watch N75 duty cycle to see if its just surging or something more serious (a hose somewhere colapsing).

Hope this helps!

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Re: Finished 3" custom magnaflow turboback today (GermanJB20th)

Quote, originally posted by GermanJB20th »
Yea i went to florida performance, it's on commercial near the railroad tracks. His Phone number is 954-491-1012. I'll get some pics up tommorow.

Alrite cool man... yeah post up some pics.. and overall how is the sound quality?..

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Finished 3" custom magnaflow turboback today (Desiboi)

dude sounds like a jet, wicked clean no rasp. Not to loud if you don't want it to be, but at wot sounds sick. I hve no resonator or cat so its a str8 3" pipe mandrel bent with a magnaflow oval muffler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.