VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mint condition made in America ~$2300+ AR15 which is a safe queen.......I don't use and really have no need for, 3-4 years old. I don't go shooting now, and just sits around. I don't need to sell it, yet kinda thinning out belongings. On the other hand it doesn't hurt me to just keep it and never bought it for an investment.

So considering the past and current markets, does the value ever go down (down with age)? Also, will not be used at all moving forward (will not become worse or worn condition).

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,645 Posts
What's the rollmark say? If it's KAC or LMT your value won't go down... maybe Colt.

Age shouldn't matter... it's more political climate than anything else. Cheap PSA guns or builds around Anderson manufacturing won't be worth much, but that's what you're looking at.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Like with cars, what you bought it for and what you sell it for are two completely different things. $2,300 AR's (and AR15's in general) aren't unique enough to hold their value. If it was something like a hand built knighthawk custom 1911 or KAC, then sure.

Throw it on arfcom and test the waters.

·
Registered
15,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Quentin Defense

I wouldn't expect "retail", or anything close to that. To get at what I'm getting let me state it like so, if the generally market generated interest and/or sold @ second hand for x amount of dollars....in 1, 2, 4, 6 years would the firearm decrease in value compared to now, generally hold steady , or is it a wild guess?

Aka, Second hand '18 value vs second hand ~2020/2025/2030 value

·
Registered
621 Posts
Quentin Defense

I wouldn't expect "retail", or anything close to that. To get at what I'm getting let me state it like so, if the generally market generated interest and/or sold @ second hand for x amount of dollars....in 1, 2, 4, 6 years would the firearm decrease in value compared to now, generally hold steady , or is it a wild guess?

Aka, Second hand '18 value vs second hand ~2020/2025/2030 value
Generally, firearm value holds pretty steady from year to year. Political climate tends to dictate market value. Before the 2012 Aurora shooting, magpul Pmags were $8.99-$10. Couple weeks after, some were listed at $50-$100 each, privately. I would advise not being a total ****bag like those people but, just stating the obvious. Wait 2 more years and I'm sure you could get your money's worth next election cycle. ;)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
In my opinion, the only ARs that will become seriously collectable in the future, which are not RR/transferable, are early Colt guns like the SP1. Some pre Clinton 1994 AWB guns are extra valuable due to a few states with AWBs that grandfather them.

In today's political climate not many EBRs will go down in value, until they are fully banned like in Australia and England. Guns bought at inflated prices due to panic buying like post Sandy Hook, will and have gone down to market price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For a QD rifle to get to $2300, literally every other part better be the absolute best availiable. You are in HK, SCAR territory and a QD parts gun put together on Phoenix ain't one of them.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Unfortunately, I think market value is under $2k; I'd think most offers would hover around $1500 for it. AR15 news has posted: "Quentin Defense is well known for their affordable billet receiver sets that they sell and make OEM for other companies." Looking at Quentin's site, it's pretty affordable components.

Unless your rifle has a lot of expensive internals/barrel/suppressor, it won't hold value until decades later. Or drastic law changes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts