VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lotsa racing goin on tomorrow from what I understand. . .
I'll be out there running Solo 2 in the Street Modified class.
Is anyone else going? I suggest yall get your smack talkin butts out there. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
1,427 Posts
Re: FIREBIRD TOMORROW....who's going? (HiJinx)

SCCA on a sat, are you sur? ... and Bart prepare to be humbled in a big way in the modified class

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FIREBIRD TOMORROW....who's going? (CountBlah..)

Oh ya, I'm gonna get my ass handed to me like a mofo. But, it's cool. I'm really just goin out there to have fun and to figure out where I need to fine tune at. I have to run SM class 'cause of the motor swap and the COs. *Shrug* It's still gonna be fun. If some of yall would get out there, we could run times against each other and see who really is faster

Anyhows, get yalls asses out there. I think there is some track/road coarse racing goin on too.
But ya, SCCA Solo 2 is manana.
http://www.azsolo2.com/details/event20040214.htm

Tell me that doesn't look like fun.

Modified by HiJinx at 9:25 AM 2-13-2004

·
Banned
984 Posts

Street mod (different from Modified) isn't too competetive usually, though there is a Shelby 350 out there that's pretty good. Most of the guys with really hot cars and good driving skills (like Tage and his Integra) run the sportsman class. I expect to do pretty well with Bart's car. He'll be running in novice, with his times adjusted for his class. Anyone who comes out and hasn't run too much before can sign up for novice, and and your times will be adjusted too. So you can all compete with Bart and me, both in raw times and adjusted scores, no matter what you drive. IT'S FUN, DAMNIT!
And yeah, Saturday. We had to switch back to Firebird at the last minute because of AMP closing. So we didn't have much choice on days.

·
Banned
1,427 Posts

Quote, originally posted by HiJinx »
Oh come on you pansies!

Bart you'll soon learn that cone carving is for pansies... I can go down to costco at night and do the exact same thing with shopping carts or midgets

·
Banned
984 Posts

He's got a point, Bart. Sitting on your ass and getting fat(ter) is far more dangerous and exciting.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote, originally posted by CountBlah.. »

Bart you'll soon learn that cone carving is for pansies... I can go down to costco at night and do the exact same thing with shopping carts or midgets

*Bart pictures Land Sloth runnin around midgets....gets scared and hides under desk*

·
Banned
1,427 Posts
Re: FIREBIRD TOMORROW....who's going? (angusmf)

whatever jerkass... sitting on your ass comprises most of your time spent at a soloII event.. 3 runs under 1 minute each.. and 6 hours of waiting.. whoopity-do
One or 2 events is a good idea for those that have never done it and what to learn something about their car..

Modified by CountBlah.. at 5:59 PM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

anyways, I know yall won't come out. You're all about talkin the talk, but that's it I suppose. Either that or driving in a straight line.
I just figured yall would dig using those expensive susp set ups and engine mods a lil bit along with showin off your great driving skills.
*shrug* oh well...

·
Banned
1,427 Posts

You're all about talkin the talk.

Whatever
.. I've ran more soloII events in one seson then you probably ever will in your life.. but it stopped being fun when we all got rid of our A2's (so we could run together) and got tired of watching "Team Desert Corvette" run all day... SCCA Slow Corvette Club of America

·
Banned
984 Posts

whatever jerkass...

Ouch. We can dish it out, but we can't take it, huh?

I'll be the first to admit it's not for everyone. Don't know that we're all pansies, but I'm no botonist. Our events are typically full anyway, so it's not like I'm out to recruit anyone. Funny thing is, if it was less popular, we'd get more runs.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Whatever
.. I've ran more soloII events in one seson then you probably ever will in your life.. but it stopped being fun when we all got rid of our A2's (so we could run together) and got tired of watching "Team Desert Corvette" run all day... SCCA Slow Corvette Club of America

wow...bleeding this week derek?
that wasn't pointed at you. freak. go take a nap or something.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Anyways, as usual, D thinks this thread, like every other, is soley about him.
D, I would never expect to see you out there, so seriously, disregard this thread.
I really don't care if any of you go out there, I just thought yall might have some fun.
i'm done. later.

(Tucson has such a better scene than here....)

Modified by HiJinx at 12:25 PM 2-13-2004

·
Administrator
'20 R1250 GSA, '17 Alltrak SEL, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,424 Posts

Hey Bart--
I will be coming out for one of the next events now that I am out here. I don't think that my girlfriend would like to fly out here from the East Coast just to sit on the tarmac all day on Valentine's Day.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: FIREBIRD TOMORROW....who's going? (Paul Grimes)

haha, that's true.
I'm gonna have to hook Kelli up tomorrow for goin out and spending the day at the track with me.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

damn...much fun!
Anyone else go out there from the 'tex? I saw a few 'dubs out there.

·
Banned
1,427 Posts

somebody p-chop that into a fox wagon and show bart what's up http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

haha, no way!
then the ass end would swing out way to much.
It spun once in the chicane and I got it sideways on another run, and just barely pulled in out in time for my best run of the day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts