VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GMC wins, with the dually Denali 2WD, MSRP of slightly over $100,000 before any options.

"The Sierra 3500 is even pricer. Price increases hit the 3500 trims as well. Trims like the 3500 HD Pro see a $2,500 to $3,400 price increase while the 3500 AT4 sees a full $3,500 increase. With all the configurations pricing is equally expansive. A basic Sierra 3500 HD Pro in regular cab long bed single rear wheel configuration starts at $47,495. Pricing now runs into the six figure range with the most expensive Sierra ever offered. A Sierra 3500 HD Denali Ultimate in dually configuration with a crew cab and long bed starts at $100,695. That’s for 2WD drive. I don’t even want to know where pricing ends."

· Registered
18,078 Posts
GMC wins, with the dually Denali 2WD, MSRP of slightly over $100,000 before any options.

"The Sierra 3500 is even pricer. Price increases hit the 3500 trims as well. Trims like the 3500 HD Pro see a $2,500 to $3,400 price increase while the 3500 AT4 sees a full $3,500 increase. With all the configurations pricing is equally expansive. A basic Sierra 3500 HD Pro in regular cab long bed single rear wheel configuration starts at $47,495. Pricing now runs into the six figure range with the most expensive Sierra ever offered. A Sierra 3500 HD Denali Ultimate in dually configuration with a crew cab and long bed starts at $100,695. That’s for 2WD drive. I don’t even want to know where pricing ends."
Add 4wd, and Diesel, unless it's included, and that's about ALL of the options that will be available on a Denali Ultimate... there's really no options once you're at the Denali Ultimate trim.

· Registered
28,108 Posts
I never fully understand the decision to spend 2x the amount on one of these extreme lux versions vs a base or midrange - especially since, unlike the 1500s that get the new interior on the higher trims, these still have the old interior on all trims. I guess if people are buying them, the manufacturers would be dumb not to offer the loaded up cash cows. Maybe they are all business write-offs/Texas Cadillac farm trucks.

Does a fully-loaded Denali really have $30-50k of actual additional "stuff" than a Pro or SLE?

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Tire

F-350 is about the same but at least they all have an updated interior.
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

· Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe they are all business write-offs/Texas Cadillac farm trucks.

Does a fully-loaded Denali really have $30-50k of actual additional "stuff" than a Pro or SLE?
A lot of these are purchased by "companies" or it's the owners primary vehicle.

As far as coming with an additional $50,000 worth of features? Of course not, but can you really put a price on having a nicer truck than the other guy?

· Registered
461 Posts
I never fully understand the decision to spend 2x the amount on one of these extreme lux versions vs a base or midrange - especially since, unlike the 1500s that get the new interior on the higher trims, these still have the old interior on all trims. I guess if people are buying them, the manufacturers would be dumb not to offer the loaded up cash cows. Maybe they are all business write-offs/Texas Cadillac farm trucks.

If you own a business, the depreciation is a tax write off.

I thought Raptor R already broke the $100k mark?

· Registered
8,848 Posts

View attachment 253443

View attachment 253446
Does a $10k Rolex tell you the time better than a $10 Timex? Does a Louis Vuitton bag hold a bag woman’s stuff better than a plastic bag from WalMart?
Luxury goods rarely add tangible value.

· Registered
18,078 Posts

View attachment 253443

View attachment 253446
The '24s will have the new interior afaik.

· Registered
33,681 Posts

A lot of these are purchased by "companies" or it's the owners primary vehicle.

As far as coming with an additional $50,000 worth of features? Of course not, but can you really put a price on having a nicer truck than the other guy?
A lot of these are actually used as work vehicles and do towing and hauling work. If you are spending a lot of time in it - the creature comforts are nice to have and make life better when you use it for work and on the way home have to get the kids, do other things like a normal car.

Is it worth that much? Of course not. but if you want the trim level that's the price. :)

· Registered
2,137 Posts
If you own a business, the depreciation is a tax write off.

I thought Raptor R already broke the $100k mark?
this is my assumption. I have noticed in my neighborhood we have a few self employed business owners and all now drive raptors, SRX, or these crazy optioned up Fords. All are close to or are 100K trucks no question. My assumption is business write offs.

· Registered
RS3, Forester
23,386 Posts
HD trucks have been 100k up here for a while now. My boss just bought a Denali 3500 before Christmas and he doesn't even really like it but he's sick of waiting for his F350 that he ordered almost a year ago. When this stuff is a business vehicle most people don't care much about the price.

· Registered
'20 Forester Sport, '22 Tacoma TRD Sport
792 Posts

Luxury trucks make about as much sense as a stripped down race-spec car driven on the street. At some point you cross the threshold from logical to emotional, not to mention aspirational.

· Registered
2023 Subaru Outback
5,645 Posts

View attachment 253443

View attachment 253446
Business write off. I see more high end trims on work trucks when bought new versus actual work trims.

· Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A lot of these are actually used as work vehicles and do towing and hauling work. If you are spending a lot of time in it - the creature comforts are nice to have and make life better when you use it for work and on the way home have to get the kids, do other things like a normal car.

Is it worth that much? Of course not. but if you want the trim level that's the price. :)
We see a lot of farmers using them for cattle work, they get absolutely beat to hell which I think is hilarious.

· Registered
461 Posts
HD trucks have been 100k up here for a while now. My boss just bought a Denali 3500 before Christmas and he doesn't even really like it but he's sick of waiting for his F350 that he ordered almost a year ago. When this stuff is a business vehicle most people don't care much about the price.
It was pretty bad last 14 months, GM is pumping the HD's out of Oshawa plant 24/7, and they intentionally build more higher trims than ordered, I'll bet you half of the HD AT4s were originally cheaper trim orders, except the dealer probably told them "take this or wait".

Business write off. I see more high end trims on work trucks when bought new versus actual work trims.
They often leave you no choice, I've seen the wait first hand, you order a WT with Duramax, then 6 months in, dealer says I've got a higher trim, do you want it? if you come now I"ll give you higher trade-in, then bam, guy does plowing down the road is doing maintenance work in a loaded truck cause he couldn't afford to wait.

· Premium Member
1,627 Posts
They have been well over 100K in Canada for a while - the 2023 version of the truck I ordered last January (MRSP of ~97K) is now 116K CAD (F350 SRW Platinum CCSB Diesel). Most 3/4-1T diesel pickups in the higher trims have been right at or above 100K here since Ford brought out the Super duty in the Limited trim back a few years ago. There used to be a ton of discount on the higher trim levels though so the transaction price might be a fair bit lower.

· Registered
269 Posts
It was pretty bad last 14 months, GM is pumping the HD's out of Oshawa plant 24/7, and they intentionally build more higher trims than ordered, I'll bet you half of the HD AT4s were originally cheaper trim orders, except the dealer probably told them "take this or wait".

They often leave you no choice, I've seen the wait first hand, you order a WT with Duramax, then 6 months in, dealer says I've got a higher trim, do you want it? if you come now I"ll give you higher trade-in, then bam, guy does plowing down the road is doing maintenance work in a loaded truck cause he couldn't afford to wait.
Local dealers always have WT (i.e., base) trucks on the lots. But you cannot "prove" your * is bigger with them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts