VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
28,112 Posts
I never fully understand the decision to spend 2x the amount on one of these extreme lux versions vs a base or midrange - especially since, unlike the 1500s that get the new interior on the higher trims, these still have the old interior on all trims. I guess if people are buying them, the manufacturers would be dumb not to offer the loaded up cash cows. Maybe they are all business write-offs/Texas Cadillac farm trucks.

Does a fully-loaded Denali really have $30-50k of actual additional "stuff" than a Pro or SLE?

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Tire

F-350 is about the same but at least they all have an updated interior.
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

· Registered
28,112 Posts
It's okay to want some of the features in the pricier trucks, and it's annoying how much the automakers charge for them tbh. Can't option a vinyl truck far past crank windows, but then to get leather so you don't end up making cloth seats filthy, you're paying a $10k upcharge into a Lariat or equivalent...
The F350 XL looks pretty good to me these days - basically a "Honda LX" level of equipment with vinyl seats and floor — a lot different than an XL from 10 years ago.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Radio

It is still pretty cool that you can get a $100k Limited and do a carpet delete
Vehicle Car Product Motor vehicle Steering wheel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts