VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,627 Posts
They have been well over 100K in Canada for a while - the 2023 version of the truck I ordered last January (MRSP of ~97K) is now 116K CAD (F350 SRW Platinum CCSB Diesel). Most 3/4-1T diesel pickups in the higher trims have been right at or above 100K here since Ford brought out the Super duty in the Limited trim back a few years ago. There used to be a ton of discount on the higher trim levels though so the transaction price might be a fair bit lower.

· Premium Member
1,627 Posts
This is how you do a HD. Not some BS interior trim fluff and a cute tailgate applique.

I fit in that crowd of buying a "luxury" 1 ton but for my use case its comfortable on my work travel that is 99% highway miles anyways and the rest fo the time it is towing our family Fifthwheel. I did this for years in an XLT but the upper trim levels are much nicer. Keep in mind for the 20-25,000 km's I do per year on this truck that it will tow around 10-12,000 of them.

Nobody would bat an eye if I was buying an SQ8 to daily drive which has a similar MSRP, get similar fuel economy and will ultimately depreciate more over the course of 5-6 years of ownership.

FWIW I just sold my 2017 F350 with 131,000 km's on it for 47K, I paid 69K for it back in 2017 and only had to do oil changes, tires and 1 set of brake pads over its life - not a bad TCO experience in my book.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts