VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
461 Posts
I never fully understand the decision to spend 2x the amount on one of these extreme lux versions vs a base or midrange - especially since, unlike the 1500s that get the new interior on the higher trims, these still have the old interior on all trims. I guess if people are buying them, the manufacturers would be dumb not to offer the loaded up cash cows. Maybe they are all business write-offs/Texas Cadillac farm trucks.

Does a fully-loaded Denali really have $30-50k of actual additional "stuff" than a Pro or SLE?

F-350 is about the same but at least they all have an updated interior.
If you own a business, the depreciation is a tax write off.

I thought Raptor R already broke the $100k mark?

· Registered
461 Posts
HD trucks have been 100k up here for a while now. My boss just bought a Denali 3500 before Christmas and he doesn't even really like it but he's sick of waiting for his F350 that he ordered almost a year ago. When this stuff is a business vehicle most people don't care much about the price.
It was pretty bad last 14 months, GM is pumping the HD's out of Oshawa plant 24/7, and they intentionally build more higher trims than ordered, I'll bet you half of the HD AT4s were originally cheaper trim orders, except the dealer probably told them "take this or wait".

Business write off. I see more high end trims on work trucks when bought new versus actual work trims.
They often leave you no choice, I've seen the wait first hand, you order a WT with Duramax, then 6 months in, dealer says I've got a higher trim, do you want it? if you come now I"ll give you higher trade-in, then bam, guy does plowing down the road is doing maintenance work in a loaded truck cause he couldn't afford to wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts