VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So here's the dilemma, my girlfriend and I are thinking of trading in for a new car. A MK4 jetta, to be precise. We went to the dealer and the salesman really tried to push us on an 04' gls 1.8t tiptronic, but we really went to look at the GLI. The 04' is a better deal but the GLI is nicer. The problem is that my girlfriend doesnt' drive stick, but willing to learn. The other problem is that the Golf is paid for, runs awesome, never had an issue since brand new, why get rid of it.?
Then I got to thinking, for $400/mo. I could buy a pretty sweet older project car that I wouldn't feel bad about modding and we could keep the 2slow for a good daily driver. What do you guys think?
Also to get the GLI would be a hefty down and monthly payment.

Modified by ghostridermk317ozf1s at 6:36 AM 11-14-2004

· Registered
3,513 Posts
Re: first attempt at pic post (ghostridermk317ozf1s)

nice 2.slow. the gli is sick and is the first mark 4 i actually liked. i'd say if you have the cash go with it. but 400 a month is pretty steep to also do mods and make it a project car. but you got the idea. good luck. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
20,713 Posts
Re: first attempt at pic post (fliegengt)

Id keep that 4 door and dump money into it , that would be what i would do , and id buy an a2 to mod in the garage. But thats just me, its your money so do what you feel is best http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
15,596 Posts
Re: first attempt at pic post (-DOOMED-)

A good friend of mine got rid of his Mk2 jetta Wolfsburg and jumped into a Mk4 GTI 1.8T, now he's sick of paying $400/month plus the insurance. Needless to say, he wants his Mk2 back or maybe a Mk3 with no payments. I guess it all depends on your situation. When he bought the Mk4 he has just joined the police force and was making some good cash, but since then he left and its a little harder to get by with the large car payment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.