VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
Good review. When I drove one over the weekend, I found this statement to be the biggest surprise on the Edge.
Real-world legroom is abundant in both the front and rear, and the seats offer plenty of cushioning.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Re: First Drive: 2007 Ford Edge (FaLeX)

I love how everytime I turn around and read reviews on newer Ford vehicles (namely the Fusion and the Edge), the writer picks apart the interior plastics. Having had a bit of seat time in the Edge, I do not see where these complaints are coming from.
IMO Ford has done a great job matching plastic grain from one surface to the next, offering soft touch materials that aren't too rubbery, and the build quality has been much better. That said the only brand that I can honestly say that has better crafted interiors than Ford is VW (from a direct competition standpoint).
Oh and the need to trash the Duratec 30 in every single write up is old too. Yes, versions found in the 500/Montego/Freestyle bite, but the applications found in the 6 and CD3 cars are nothing to frown upon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.