VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
43,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
couldnt resist the temptation to jump on a super cheap daily. chevy is offering some really good deals on electric sparks, i finally made it to the dealer this weekend.
my first american car... and first electric.

its a blast to drive. tiny, but entertaining, sort of in the same way a mk1 gti is fun to drive. the suspension is surprisingly firm also.
the 2LT pack with the nicer steering wheel and without the ridiculous blue interior is definitely worth the extra couple $ per month.

all told with 12,000 miles per year its 160/mo. so far weve run it through one full empty/full cycle, and should get getting a faster charger set up at the house.

couple pictures screwing around with the flash...

im sure ill have more impressions later, but so far considering it costs as much as some people's cable bill... its hard to beat the value! :laugh:

·
Registered
22,570 Posts
Glad to see more TCLers embracing EVs. What a great deal, too. That has to be perhaps the cheapest to own new car period in terms of overall cost.
The 1LTs were going for $90/mo last May. They were sold out all over the state in a matter of a week or so.

·
Registered
9,366 Posts
I've always thought the first gen Sparks are adorable :laugh: and they're seriously bigger on the inside than the outside. The only thing I don't like about the gas ones I've driven is the buzzy engine, and the EV addresses that *and* is satisfyingly zippy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
My brother got one last year, same color too :thumbup:

It's a fun little car, drive really good. I love getting to a light and just hauling ass off the line with no noise :laugh:

·
Registered
43,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 1LTs were going for $90/mo last May. They were sold out all over the state in a matter of a week or so.
yeah thats what the salesman said at this chevy store also. they had some 99/mo deals last summer, and they basically blew out all they could get their hands on within a matter of weeks. i wish i was in a position to have done this then but i had no place to plug it in.

How long in the lease for?
3 years. we paid a little extra to jump up to 12k miles per year but the 10k/3 year lease is what the advertised prices are for

and yes, korean car, my bad! :laugh:

·
Registered
90 VW Corrado, 96 BMW 318ti, 03 VW GTI 20th, 21 Jeep Gladiator, 21 Jeep Wrangler
7,851 Posts
Glad to see another EV in the mix. :thumbup: One thing you should be careful about is tire wear. The instant torque (especially in the Spark) is addicting and you may find yourself zipping off the line more often. :laugh:

·
Registered
43,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for sure , the one tire fires have been entertaining so far :laugh:
im thinking replacing those will be a given before it goes back... but i havent looked at costs for a new set of the factory tires. i guess the other option is taking these off immediately and putting another set of wheels/tires on there for the duration of the lease..

·
Registered
43,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
congratulations! That's a great looking little car and a fantastic price.
given the price im trying not to nit pick the looks, and in fairness the front is actually sort of growing on me (the color generally helps) but i think the sharp cutoff of the back and the taillights that bulge out look really bad.

but i guess you cant see that stuff while youre driving...

·
Banned
432 Posts
Love that color. I almost got the light robin blue color but chickened out and got the plain white instead. I used plasti-dip spray on the grill (I don't like the silver) and I think it looks great. Come time to turn the car back in, I can just peel the paint off. Almost a year on the Spark EV and its always fun to zip around town in this car. Lots of power, very quiet and the heated seats are great.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.