VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Tiguan SEL Premium RLine. Apr+ Tune and too many mods to list.
896 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
FYI, the Puebla VW plant use euro parts for ROW Tiguan, mine came from there with euro style tail lights. (My Tiguan has a mix of NA and Euro parts from factory, so weird)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Coming soon....Facelift Euro tail lights with dynamic turn signals......I've ordered the parts and ZERO815 is making the harness. Should be all here sometime by end of July, early August.

For a taste of what they've done already in China:

Reactions: 2019TiguanSELPRLINE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Coming soon....Facelift Euro tail lights with dynamic turn signals......I've ordered the parts and ZERO815 is making the harness. Should be all here sometime by end of July, early August.

For a taste of what they've done already in China:
Hi, can you tell me where you ordered the parts from? I have a 2020 VW Tiguan and we're moving to Bulgaria, taking the car with us so we'll need the euro tail lights. I also tried messaging ZERO815 but my account is too new to be messaging people I guess. I read your step by step from before and it was very helpful, thank you. The facelift taillights look amazing in the video.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Getting my new 2022 Euro Highline tail lights by Friday and I already have the cables and coding from ZERO815, will update on the weekend with the results....super stoked.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hi, can you tell me where you ordered the parts from? I have a 2020 VW Tiguan and we're moving to Bulgaria, taking the car with us so we'll need the euro tail lights. I also tried messaging ZERO815 but my account is too new to be messaging people I guess. I read your step by step from before and it was very helpful, thank you. The facelift taillights look amazing in the video.
Cars245...if you make a few more posts you'll be able to PM.

Part numbers are:
5NA945207G
5NA945208G
5NA945307H
5NA945308H

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Done and Done! Everything works perfectly. Having done this a few times now (on my Golf R and the Tiguan), it was pretty easy. Coding from Zero815 was perfect as well....huge shout out to him and the work he's done on others Arteon's etc...the cabling now is the perfect length and fantastic quality.

Notes: Same install as before except due to the nature of the complex lights there are a couple extra lengths to run up through the accordion grommet - it was a little tighter but still pretty easy. The key is using one of those nice beefy zip ties as a cable snake, and electrical tape. Also, I did not do the rear fog even though it is in the drivers side light. There just isn't enough wiring left in the NA vehicle to hack so you will have to run a line up to the BCM....maybe I'll do it later.

Now for the video and pics (ignore the slight flickering in the video, its smooth in real life).

VIDEOS: click to watch and open up in new tab

PICTURES:

·
Registered
2019 Tiguan SEL Premium RLine. Apr+ Tune and too many mods to list.
896 Posts
Done and Done! Everything works perfectly. Having done this a few times now (on my Golf R and the Tiguan), it was pretty easy. Coding from Zero815 was perfect as well....huge shout out to him and the work he's done on others Arteon's etc...the cabling now is the perfect length and fantastic quality.

Notes: Same install as before except due to the nature of the complex lights there are a couple extra lengths to run up through the accordion grommet - it was a little tighter but still pretty easy. The key is using one of those nice beefy zip ties as a cable snake, and electrical tape. Also, I did not do the rear fog even though it is in the drivers side light. There just isn't enough wiring left in the NA vehicle to hack so you will have to run a line up to the BCM....maybe I'll do it later.

Now for the video and pics (ignore the slight flickering in the video, its smooth in real life).

VIDEOS: click to watch and open up in new tab

PICTURES:

Can’t get video to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

·
Registered
Current: 2021 Tiguan SE R-Line Black 4-Motion Previous: MK4 GTI, B7 A4, MK6 Jetta, MK7 Jetta
345 Posts
So does the brake light like ascend when you apply the brakes? What is happening when the chevron lights alternate up and down?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
So does the brake light like ascend when you apply the brakes? What is happening when the chevron lights alternate up and down?
Sorry Ascend? They just flip down to a brighter alternate pattern. In the Video it shows the lights on keep in mind so when you hit the brake it just flips. Kind of nice rather than just turning brighter like most brake lights, the changing positions grabs attention. When the lights are off, you'll only see the lower chevrons come on during breaking.

·
Registered
Current: 2021 Tiguan SE R-Line Black 4-Motion Previous: MK4 GTI, B7 A4, MK6 Jetta, MK7 Jetta
345 Posts
Sorry Ascend? They just flip down to a brighter alternate pattern. In the Video it shows the lights on keep in mind so when you hit the brake it just flips. Kind of nice rather than just turning brighter like most brake lights, the changing positions grabs attention. When the lights are off, you'll only see the lower chevrons come on during breaking.
I was talking about how early in both videos the upper chevrons light up sequentially from inside to outside. I see now though, very cool. This one is going on the 'Mods to do' list.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I was talking about how early in both videos the upper chevrons light up sequentially from inside to outside. I see now though, very cool. This one is going on the 'Mods to do' list.
Ah gotcha, that is just a startup feature (leaving home) when the car is unlocked.

Reactions: brew_daugus

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Nice. Are there any cables you need to run from the BCM? Or is it like the Arteon where the connections are all in the rear + coding?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Nice. Are there any cables you need to run from the BCM? Or is it like the Arteon where the connections are all in the rear + coding?
Correct. The Arteon was the test vehicle for this setup that Zero815 worked with so it is the same. You will only need to run a cable up to the BCM if you want the rear fog lights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great looking Tail lights Mattchatr

I checked Cars245 for the parts and I see them with no photo available. I'm going to assume they are the correct ones and same as you purchased.

Curious to know if anyone has these in the US or if they are illegal? I noticed you are in Canada and I saw another post here from someone moving to Bulgaria looking to get these but no US members with these?

Can I instal these on a US car? Thanks so much. I'll keep the group posted if I do order these.
An indy shop near me quoted about $750 in labor costs to install these 6+ hours of time.

I wish I had tools or a garage or a lift and I would try this myself but I guess I have no choice...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Great looking Tail lights Mattchatr

I checked Cars245 for the parts and I see them with no photo available. I'm going to assume they are the correct ones and same as you purchased.

Curious to know if anyone has these in the US or if they are illegal? I noticed you are in Canada and I saw another post here from someone moving to Bulgaria looking to get these but no US members with these?

Can I instal these on a US car? Thanks so much. I'll keep the group posted if I do order these.
An indy shop near me quoted about $750 in labor costs to install these 6+ hours of time.

I wish I had tools or a garage or a lift and I would try this myself but I guess I have no choice...
6 hours....no way. It took me 2 hrs this go around and maybe 4 the first time on my Golf (including coding). Its relatively easy to do them. They are not NA approved though the only reason they wouldn't be is because of the dynamic turn signals...we have some weird rule about needing a certain amount of initial light on when blinking which is why the Audi's look so stupid in NA right now with the dynamic turn signals and the additional blinking light. Canada and the US have very similar rules. Europe, at least some parts, require amber turn signals so thats likely why the folks moving there needed to swap out tail lights, they would likely need an inspection to import the vehicle. My European Pre-facelift tails had amber turn signals as well. At any rate, no one is going to stop you for them. They're bright, and they work. The part numbers I listed are the ones you need and do include the drivers side fog light if you ever want to add that later. Don't forget to order the harness adapter from Zero815.

41 - 60 of 143 Posts