VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 61 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
6 hours....no way. It took me 2 hrs this go around and maybe 4 the first time on my Golf (including coding). Its relatively easy to do them. They are not NA approved though the only reason they wouldn't be is because of the dynamic turn signals...we have some weird rule about needing a certain amount of initial light on when blinking which is why the Audi's look so stupid in NA right now with the dynamic turn signals and the additional blinking light. Canada and the US have very similar rules. Europe, at least some parts, require amber turn signals so thats likely why the folks moving there needed to swap out tail lights, they would likely need an inspection to import the vehicle. My European Pre-facelift tails had amber turn signals as well. At any rate, no one is going to stop you for them. They're bright, and they work. The part numbers I listed are the ones you need and do include the drivers side fog light if you ever want to add that later. Don't forget to order the harness adapter from Zero815.
Great feedback thanks so much. I'll probably pass on them knowing all of this now. I think I'll end up spending $1.5K for all in and I'm not sure its worth it especially if it is illegal in the US. I'm in CA and its probably even more strict here. Who knows. They do look very cool though, great upgrade.

I guess I'll have to live with some minor mods for now. window tint, nuespeed power module, lowering, front splitter. Thats about it. My brakes feel like **** and vibrate under heavyish load and its an annoying feeling. Been reading the threads about that one...

61 - 61 of 61 Posts